^%$^%&$ METRA

sec159row2

they don't tell me until I'm on the train and two miles from me car that "this trains last stop is Blue Island/Vermont street... what an adventure getting to work... worst of all my partner has the day off... so I couldn't just throw in the towel and get to the cell by 1:00 :P

Edited by sec159row2

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
they don't tell me until I'm on the train and two miles from me car that "this trains last stop is Blue Island/Vermont street...  what an adventure getting to work...  worst of all my partner has the day off... so I couldn't just throw in the towel and get to the cell by 1:00  :P

I feel ye.

Metra is usually good for a few of these derailments every year. When I woke up this morning and noticed "South Suburb Metra Delay" scrolling across the screen I couldn't believe it. Luckily, the Southwest Service was not effected.

What's odd is yesterday I was talking to a friend about Metra finding the worst occasions to experience malfunctioning equipment or otherwise ridiculous delays.

Yesterday, our train was delayed 45 minutes because a car was stalled on the tracks. Tow truck arrives 20 minutes after we stop, attempts to pull the car off the tracks, and instead tears off the bumper. As a ticket attendant said, "it was a comedy of errors." Because of this delay, I show up 20 minutes late for my final. Couldn't have happened on any other day. :chair

Edited by Flash Tizzle