In a way...

Princess Dye

maybe this sounds odd, but i'm just glad to see that he still isnt walking people. i'll live with performances like today, where he says 'here it is hit it'..... even when they do hit it, i prefer this approach to the problems from last year where he would not challenge people

i dont see him ever being an absolutely unhittable type guy..... but if he's going to go about things the way he has in every start this year..... he's got a spot in my rotation as long as he wants it

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ May 7, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
maybe this sounds odd, but i'm just glad to see that he still isnt walking people.  i'll live with performances like today, where he says 'here it is hit it'..... even when they do hit it, i prefer this approach to the problems from last year where he would not challenge people

i dont see him ever being an absolutely unhittable type guy..... but if he's going to go about things the way he has in every start this year..... he's got a spot in my rotation as long as he wants it

i love your name, :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :lolhitting

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
maybe this sounds odd, but i'm just glad to see that he still isnt walking people.  i'll live with performances like today, where he says 'here it is hit it'..... even when they do hit it, i prefer this approach to the problems from last year where he would not challenge people

I totally agree. Garland is not gonna throw complete game shut outs all the time "although I would love it." As long as he's agressive and not walking people, he'll be fine.

Edited by Jordan4life_2004

That's exactly how McDowell used to pitch. Let the batter get himself out. Trying to be too fine and strike guys out takes the fielders out of the game and is pointless with a big lead.

Cub fans would always talk about Jack's ERA, without understanding that it's more important to get a W than put up stats. Surprising that Cub fans wouldn't know that (as they bow to Sammy while losing by 7). :gosox4:

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)

Its tough he was pitching on long breaks damn near ever inning and when he fell behind he'd give them the pitches. He did his job, they won the game and Garland is kicking some butt!!!!

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 7, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Funny thing is, he gives up 6 runs and his ERA JUMPS to 2.42!!!!

That should tell you how little amount of runs he's give up this year.

Or how little innings he's pitched.