What to do with Shingo

rangercal

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cloudyguy09 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Thats it im through with him he can't get the job done. Hermey is our new closer and throw in an occasional Marte with lefties in the 9th.

What do you mean that you are through with him? Unless you have a say in the matter it doesn't matter what you think.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
Trade Byung-Yung to the Flubs. We could sucker them. I honestly rather have Hawkins because Ozzie wouldn't use him in closer situations. KW would fire him on the spot if he did that. Sucker the Flubs.

Shingo >>>> Latroy

f*** Ozzie!  I think Shingo is OK when used in the right situations.  Oziie is retarded for putting him in on the road in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth.  He walks way to many and he does give up the long ball.  How does Ozzie think that that is a good idea in that situation. Bad move Ozzie.

Let's f***ing get em tomorrow.

:gosox1:

Truer words have rarely been spoken on this site.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
No, are 3-4-5 hitters have cost us 1/3, if not more of these games.

I am getting sick of seeing Konerko, Rowand, and Dye look like s*** at the dish.

"There going to get hot" is getting old, quick.

6 runs need to get the job done.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)

I am getting sick of seeing Konerko, Rowand, and Dye look like s*** at the dish.

I strongly agree. This is getting old. They were playing in a relatively warm dome. Where's the offense there? That excuse of just wait until the weather warms is getting really really old. They are clearly not getting better as the season progresses. It's a joke that people actually wanted Rowand to bat at the 3 spot. I'd hate to see our record if he were to bat there.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
I strongly agree. This is getting old. They were playing in a relatively warm dome. Where's the offense there? That excuse of just wait until the weather warms is getting really really old. They are clearly not getting better as the season progresses. It's a joke that people actually wanted Rowand to bat at the 3 spot. I'd hate to see our record if he were to bat there.

6 runs is not enough for tampa? Blame the offense on a lot. But today was not the offene's fault. The bullpen and starting pitching (in that order) are to blame.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Shingo also might be more effective if he would pitch more than 1 time every week....

Agreed. Last time Shingo pitched on 5 or more days rest was against the Tigers. He gave up a run. Than aganist the Royals he got 2 saves while working 3 days between outings. Next time was today when he pitched on 5 days or more. He needs to get more work. This outing looked exactly like that Detroit outing.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)

Its kind of ironic that Konerko has a long looping swing where his hands are up around his head. And now Dye who was a great fastball hitter last year, has a nice long looping swing where his hands are high up. They kind of remind me of Crede and Borchard last year both with long looping swings.

This pull baseball crap is getting old. Line drive swings are fine. Line drive swings dont slump as much. I find it ironic that Konerko changed his swing for more power in his contract year. Too bad Ross Gload is hurt or we could start benching these guys.

Bring up Anderson to play RF and bench Dye.

Bring up McCarthy and pull Contreras into the bullpen so he can walk people in mop up games.

Release Shingo. We dont need to stick with another Koch/Jackson because he will get it. We pitched Jackson last year into August.