Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 11, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
Woa...woa...woa...although I love your avatar, I'm not letting you get away that easy. :P

Please, explain this one.

Ill explain it on the side of ozuna hes been nothin but a very solid all around player for us has hit extremely well(hitting over .300) not 2 mention a couple clutch hits here and there i'd love 2 see him on the field a little more..but timo?? no thank u

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Woa...woa...woa...although I love your avatar, I'm not letting you get away that easy. :P

Please, explain this one.

LoL. Everytime Timo is in there it seems like we win. Maybe that is why i said that, who knows? Would you still have Dye out in RF or Timo? As of now I would say Timo. Although Dye came up with that hit today- he still doesn't do anything for me. A lot of times Timo sparks the offense. As far as Ozuna- he's a super-bench player. He can play many different possitions and he can get on base in many different ways (walk, bunt, hit exe) Plus his speed is an awesome asset to have off the bench.

Do you guys think Dye can possibly come around? And if not- how long before Ozzie and Kenny pull the plug and decide to A. bring up Sweeney or Anderson or B. make a trade for an OFer?

Then again Konerko and Rowand are also struggling. I guess when your team is 25-9 and in first place you don't want to mess with it too much.

Now lets take 3 of 4 from the Birds!! :gosox1:

Dewon Brazelton will be sent to the minors after another poor outing today.

''Dewon needs to get his confidence back,'' pitching coach Chuck Hernandez said. ''He needs to get command of his fastball.'' He could also use a trade to the National League. May. 11 - 7:46 pm et

The Rays are planning on calling up Jon Switzer from Double-A to take Dewon Brazelton's spot on the roster.

Why not? After all, he's a whole six starts removed missing a year with a torn labrum. This won't work out well. May. 11 - 7:44 pm et

Casey Fossum - R - Devil Rays 

Casey Fossum will enter Tampa Bay's rotation in place of Dewon Brazelton, manager Lou Piniella confirmed.

The Rays won't have to start Fossum until next Saturday if they don't want to. Still, once he's in the rotation, they probably won't look to skip him. He could have a little value in AL-only leagues that count strikeouts. May. 11 - 7:41 pm et

Does anyone think that if Brazelton was on a team with a good pitching park and good pitching coach, he'd probably be much better than he is now? That and he hasn't won an away game in his career in the majors.

Great performance by El Duque again though. $8 million over 2 years very, very well spent.

Well brazelton ws a top 4 pick in the draft and there is no question tha tthe talent is there. When you walk as many or more than you fan with his stuff then there is a problem. Danny cabrera had the same problem a year ago and has since greatly improved so I still think Dewon's future is bright, be it in Tampa or elsewhere.

Let's see here. We came into the game at 24-9 with the best record in all of baseball. We never fell behind in this game. Yet, I just read through 26+ pages of b****ing, whining, moaning, cussing and complaining. Sox fans my ass.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Does anyone think that if Brazelton was on a team with a good pitching park and good pitching coach, he'd probably be much better than he is now? That and he hasn't won an away game in his career in the majors.

Great performance by El Duque again though. $8 million over 2 years very, very well spent.

To be perfectly honest, I think you could have God himself as Tampa's pitching coach and it wouldn't have made a difference. The kid just isn't ready. He is incredibly talented, gets tons of movement on his pitches, and has a bright future in baseball, but right now he needs to work out the kinks in a no pressure, minor league enviornment.

I just hope they didn't crush this kids confidence by throwing him to the dogs too early. I hate to see young kids get ruined by s***ty organizations.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 12, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
Let's see here. We came into the game at 24-9 with the best record in all of baseball.  We never fell behind in this game.  Yet, I just read through 26+ pages of b****ing, whining, moaning, cussing and complaining.  Sox fans my ass.

Dude. We only cuss and complain because we care.

:D