Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I don't like this move. Marte looked good, he got bunt singled, and would have been a DP ball if the runner wasnt in motion

Huff's single was up the middle. The only reason it was close to being an out was because the runner was in motion. Marte left his fastball out right over the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Ozzie couldn't just leave well enough alone I guess. I can't criticize him for bringing in Marte to face two lefties, but leaving in Politte wouldn't have been a terrible decision.

I agree, I wish we would have left him in

Does Ozzie's use of the bullpen piss anyone else off but me? Even though the matchup might be tough, Poliette was in a rythm, while he brings Marte out against the 2 best hitters on the team without him seeing batters yet.

10 bucks say that if hermanson finishes this inning and gets an out in the next inning Shingo's going to close... for No reason.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Hey Steff - we lulled Johan into give giving up 2 and the lead run is on 3rd (with 2 out).  :D

I put a call in.. :ph34r:

:lol:

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Ozzie couldn't just leave well enough alone I guess. I can't criticize him for bringing in Marte to face two lefties, but leaving in Politte wouldn't have been a terrible decision.

I was thinking the same.

The matchups favored Marte, and I certaintly don't blame Ozzie for bringing him out, but Politte was pitching well before his removal. With 1 out, no one on, and a three run lead I would have kept Politte in the game until he let a baserunner reach. At worst, it's a two run lead with a HR.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
Maybe Ozzie should see what Walker can do in these situations.  Marte has been used an awful lot lately.

I agree, I think he's been used too much at this point.