Favorite Video Game from Way back

MinnesotaSoxFan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat II -- Genesis

Metal Gear Solid - PlayStation

And another of my personal favorites is the old arcade game from 1992 that probably nobody has heard of -- "Time Killers" (you could hack off arms and heads)

My friend has the stand up arcade version of it. He has nine others too in his basement. It's f***ing awesome.

Battlezone for the Atari 2600, Pole Position II for the Atari 7600, Mario All Stars for the SNES (Loved all the improved Graphics on the games at the time, thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.), and the first great baseball game I ever Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr...

Edited by Jeckle2000

I'll give all my favorite games from all the systems I owned.

Nintendo-Super Mario Bros. 3, Baseball Stars, Vegas Dreams, Double Dragon, Battle Toads, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle series, Excite Bike

Super Nintendo-Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Mortal Kombat series

SEGA-Sonic the Hedgehog series, Flashback, Triple Play 97, Mortal Kombat series, Test Drive, Rampage

Playstation-Metal Gear Solid, Legend of Dragoon, Gran Turismo 2, Tekken series

Playstation 2-Metal Gear solid 2 & 3, Splinter Cell series, Socom series, Gran Turismo 4, Prince of Persia series

PC-Roller Coaster Tycoon series, Sim City series

Favorite of all-time would be Metal Gear series, then Mario3 and all-stars, then Sonic Series

Edited by TheBlackSox8

Also: Baseball Stars, Contra, 10-Yard Fight, Double Dribble and Pro Wrestling for Nintendo

Tetris for Gameboy. Had many sore thumbs because of that!

Micro League Baseball for PC.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat II -- Genesis

Metal Gear Solid - PlayStation

And another of my personal favorites is the old arcade game from 1992 that probably nobody has heard of -- "Time Killers" (you could hack off arms and heads)

i remember time killers! i used to be Rancid that chainsaw dude! u rock man, u remember that game! :headbang

Asteroids is still great. I recently bought one of those joysticks that has 10 games and took a little stroll down memory lane.

Intellivision came out with a computer that plugged into the main console, and it had a great baseball game.

RBI was great, too. So was Baseball Stars, but by the time I got it, my Nintendo was pretty shot, so the records would get erased aftoer a few games.

Oh, and Tecmobowl.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
I did forget about Populous from the Sega Genesis...  Damn I loved that game.

wow....now that you say that, i remember it too. If i would have never heard or saw that name again i would have never remembered it.

Kind of like civilization....but that would be sweet if they remade an online compatable version.

Edited by TheBlackSox8