Diehard Fans...

SoxFan1

When as a bartender you put the sox game on tv and lied to your customers by telling them that was the only working channel.

You're a die hard when you have 3 younger sisters who are also die hards because of you.

Story of one sister; october, 2003

The cubs-marlins series

My sister goes to a catholic hs inside the northside of the city. On one friday the principal (cub fan) anounces they will have a dress down day in honor of 911 , the school has to wear red , white and blue. (The whole school mostly cub fans knows it is for the cubs) my sister asked permission to where her magglio jersey. She was told if she did this she will be sent home since it was not red, white, and blue. She was going to be absent that day. Instead, she called me at 4 am that morning to ask to borrow my cork shirt. It was red, white and blue. She came over at 5am, headed to school. Problem solved. The principal was pissed lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 12, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Can he split the defencemen and slip in a nifty backhander on Rogie Vahon?

I'm not sure about that. But he is very shifty, has great paw/eye coordination and for his lack of stature, takes crap from no-one. :D

QUOTE(Calderon's Crew @ May 12, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Supporting the team when they lose(even though you hate it). Watching every game on MLBTV because I moved to Costa Rica. Having it written in your contract if the Sox make the Playoffs you can fly to Chitown to see our boys play!

Where were you tonight Calderon? Besides, a real die hard would stay an extra couple days in July to see a Sox game with his best friend. Write that into the contract!

In addition to all the great posts, you know you are a die hard Sox fan when you're girlfriend refuses to call during game time, post game time, or any period where Sox highlights are on.

Guest JimH
I'm not sure about that.  But he is very shifty, has great paw/eye coordination and for his lack of stature, takes crap from no-one. :D

LOL, you should get another cat and call it Scooter.

Mikita, Ken Wharram, and Ab McDonald ... what a line.

Mikita, Ken Wharram, and Doug Mohns ... the later version of the Scooter Line.

QUOTE(Disco72 @ May 12, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Where were you tonight Calderon?  Besides, a real die hard would stay an extra couple days in July to see a Sox game with his best friend.  Write that into the contract!

In addition to all the great posts, you know you are a die hard Sox fan when you're girlfriend refuses to call during game time, post game time, or any period where Sox highlights are on.

At least I didn't miss watching a game to go see Sweet Home Alabama with my GF.

:P :whip

QUOTE(Steff @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
Oye..  :bang

I figured that he would be a good addittion to soxtalk, so i gave him the address and told him he's more than welcome to join our community, we need more posters like Pavel from Poland.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)

I have a dog names Baines.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 12, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
October, 2003

The cubs-marlins series

My sister goes to a catholic hs inside the northside of the city. On one friday the principal (cub fan) anounces they will have a dress down day in honor of 911 , the school has to wear red , white and blue. (The whole school mostly cub fans knows it is for the cubs) my sister asked permission to where her magglio jersey. She was told if she did this she will be sent home since it was not red, white, and blue. She was going to be absent that day. Instead, she called me at 4 am that morning to ask to borrow my cork shirt. It was red, white and blue.  She came over at 5am, headed to school. Problem solved. The principal was pissed lol

Awesomestest story evar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :gosox1:

QUOTE(JimH @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)

Agreed. They could really move the puck. And Scooter is a great cat name. :D

You're a diehard fan when the heart of your lineup is injured and Minnesota has already clinched the division but you still feel the need to see every inning of every remaining game...no matter who is on the mound.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
When you are faced with an important high school exam the next morning, but you stay awake until 1:30 AM with a transistor radio under your pillow in hopes of hearing Bill Melton hit a 4th homer during a west coast game.

And, oh yea ... to YASNY and southsider2k5 - I've got a siamese cat named Mikita.

You named your cat after a power saw? :huh

:D

I knew I was a die hard in '93 when a buddy and I drove 6 1/2 hours from Carbondale up to see Game 2 of the playoffs (without tickets in hand, we bought from scalpers), watched the game, and drove 6 1/2 hours back to Carbondale after the game.

I had season tickets in 2003 even though I live 4 hours away in Iowa.