Diehard Fans...

SoxFan1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your social/work obligations are scattered around your viewing of the white sox. When you watch every minute of every game you can. When you know every player on your team and probably most importantly: when you can talk baseball with someone.

...when you sit at work, ignore deadlines and let work pile up on your desk on a busy day...simply because you spent the entire afternoon watching the gamecast.

Which reminds me, I've got a s***load of work to do tomorrow. Damn day games! No wonder Cub fans are all out of work.

When you have scheduled a stop on your honeymoon around baseball.

When you have your vacations around the Sox, and if not included stops on your vacations around the Sox.

When even Cub fans come to you to ask for information on their team

When you go out to eat, and you plan it around places that will have the Sox on TV.

When you can still name the starting line up from the first team you remember as a little kid, including their batting order.

When you name your pets after Sox players.

No event is too important not to sneak out of to see if the Sox were winning, including your own wedding reception.

It makes you mad to see fellow Sox fans not enjoying a special team.

I know there are more from me.... I'll probably post more later.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
No event is too important not to sneak out of to see if the Sox were winning, including your own wedding reception.

Pffttt... a REAL Diehard would be sure to schedule their wedding on a day of a day game that will be over by the time the wedding starts. ;) :cheers

You know you're a die hard when the Sox are playing on the west coast, it's a tie game in like the 4th inning, it's around 10:00 PM Chicago time and the wife calls your name from the bedroom in 'that sexy voice' ;) . Suddenly you have a really sore back and would "rather just relax".........for 4 nights/games in a row.

That's a die hard...........no pun intended.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
When friends assign "baseball/White Sox free" times where you aren't allowed to mention anything related to the Sox/baseball at all--and you can't think of anything to say during those times....

Glad to know I'm not the only one that happens to :lol:

When you are faced with an important high school exam the next morning, but you stay awake until 1:30 AM with a transistor radio under your pillow in hopes of hearing Bill Melton hit a 4th homer during a west coast game.

And, oh yea ... to YASNY and southsider2k5 - I've got a siamese cat named Mikita.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
When you are faced with an important high school exam the next morning, but you stay awake until 1:30 AM with a transistor radio under your pillow in hopes of hearing Bill Melton hit a 4th homer during a west coast game.

And, oh yea ... to YASNY and southsider2k5 - I've got a siamese cat named Mikita.

I have two sister cats named Maggs and Robin... and we had one named Crash after Arow. :cheers

QUOTE(T R U @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
I cried at the end of Terminator 2

I suppose sports would be a different thing, I dunno

Me too... only I cried for Arnold. I was bawling and said "He's not going to make any more movies?"

I haven't thought of that for awhile....

P.S. It was when it first came out on video and I was fairly young.