AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Just got home. Had free ticks tonight, along with a free parking pass, spend & bucks tonight, and saw one hell of a game.

I now have a very Hetrosexual crush on Jon Garland.

I prefer man-crush, but both work

f***in Sox...man are these f***ers good

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great closeup of Garland after that K to end the eighth.

He knew he made such a great pitch.

Congrats to all Sox officials past and present who were so

patient regarding Jon.

He's getting it and he is awesome right now.

I finally just got done seeing the game (1pm PT) since I was out today evening, and I taped it since it was on WGN TV

I stayed away from sports news all evening since I did not want to know the score....when we got up 3-0, I was sure we would cruise

Obviously, it became tight but Jon was a beats out there clinching this one for the SOx

And Hermy rocks too

Eat s*** Os :P

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
Robin's done.  Hawk said thank you for the past 4 days, as if he's sending him off.  I liked him though.

Jon G! 

26-9!

:gosox3:  :wub:  :gosox2:  :wub:  :gosox3:

I listened and watched the broadcast today, and that was an excellent 3 man booth. Too bad they won't do this for every game. Robin is indeed done for now, as he basically said his wife wouldn't let him broadcast right now.

The Uribe HR call was priceless. For those who did not see or here is, the pitch before Juan went yard, he lost control of his bat, and it went flying into the crowd. At first Juan went over to retrieve his bat from the crowd, but the crowd all started to boo, so Uribe waved it off, had the batboy give the bat back, and went over to the dugout and got a new bat. Hawk started blathering about how in the old days they were really attached to their bats, and they would have never given it up, etc, etc. So then promptly Uribe goes over the pen with the next pitch, and then Robin starts giving to Hawk, hardcore. "Ya see, all he needed was that new bat"

It was priceless.

Jon Garland was excellent and in control at every step of the way. That K of Tejada was the stuff that legends are made out of. At times he looked like he was almost putting on a guy here and there just to stay loose out of the stretch, and to work on his double play pitch. He was incredible tonight.

How's this for being in good company? Sportscenter said Garland and Willis are one of only three pairs of pitchers to win their first 7 starts in the same season. One pair, in 1913, included Walter Johnson. The other pair, in 1901, included Christy Mathewson. Wow!