Music Suggestions

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 18, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Armor for Sleep's new CD is incredible.

You also can't go wrong with Death Cab for Cutie and As Tall As Lions. ATAL is probably my favorite band, i

And people seem to either love/hate: October Fall and The Academy Is...  Both two local punk rawk bands from Schaumburg area.  i personally hate them. But it's definately not a bell curve.  You either praise Bill Beckett and Clark or wish them dead.

The Academy Is... are great

Green Day: American Idiot Album, Track 2-15...forget the first track, its absolutely pointless.

Avenged Sevenfold-Chapter Four...thats my only song from that band I'll listen to...

From MVP 2005:

The Donots - "We Got The Noise"

And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - "Let It Dive"

Dropkick Murphys - "Tessie"

I really like the sound of The Donots...and I like their voice. Let it dive is the complete reflecting song for emo people. Tessie is a good baseball song.

I have recently gotten into the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Rise Against.

Also, please, check out this band and tell me what you think...

Forever in a Day

I second the Say Anything "...is a real boy" cd. Probably one of the coolest pieces of music i've ever heard. soundtrack to a generation anyone?

I lost alot of respect for The Academy when they kicked out half their band and then didn't even credit them with helping write the CD. And to me, Bill Beckett seems like a self-centered egomaniac. But then again alotta people say that about Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and i just think he's the next messaih. (not exactly, but that guy is the s***).

Also, if you listen to "Seasons" you'll notice that The Academy Is stole all the music from Queens of the Stone Age. Add another negative point right there.

QUOTE(Beastly @ May 18, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Green Day: American Idiot Album, Track 2-15...forget the first track, its absolutely pointless.

From  MVP 2005:

The Donots - "We Got The Noise"

And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - "Let It Dive"

Dropkick Murphys - "Tessie"

Agree with you an Green Day. Although I like the song, it really has no point on the album

MVP Baseball has some killer tracks this year. Better than Madden IMO. No rap, all rock. hahah.

I really love 'Pressure Point' by The Zutons. It was used in a jeans commerical last year (the one with the chick losing her pants and chasing them up a tree)

But the album 'Who Killed The Zutons' is really good. My roommate bought it a while back, and I had to go pick up a copy for myself

*edit* best song on the album 'Havana Gang Brawl'

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 18, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
I second the Say Anything "...is a real boy" cd.  Probably one of the coolest pieces of music i've ever heard.  soundtrack to a generation anyone?

I lost alot of respect for The Academy when they kicked out half their band and then didn't even credit them with helping write the CD.  And to me, Bill Beckett seems like a self-centered egomaniac. But then again alotta people say that about Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and i just think he's the next messaih.  (not exactly, but that guy is the s***).

Also, if you listen to "Seasons" you'll notice that The Academy Is stole all the music from Queens of the Stone Age.  Add another negative point right there.

Fall Out Boy is amazing. I cant wait to see them at Warped Tour (tried to get tickets for the Riv but theyre a local band and the tix sold like crazy)

I'm not a huge music fan, but check out the new Dave CD.

Some real awesome songs on there (and my friend Tom who posts here can tell ya the same). "Hello Again" is awesome, "Out of My Hands", and "Louisiana Bayou" are probably my three favorites.

And, like I said, I'm really not a huge music fan, but the new Dave CD rocks...

QUOTE(1549 @ May 16, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
I'm bored...why not?

At my dad's suggestion I downloaded the song "Return of the Native" by Fever Tree.  It is pretty awesome.

I've been listening to a lot of Piebald, Jimmy Eat World, and Ben Folds lately.

Top 10 songs on my play list right now:

Ben Folds: Army

Ben Folds Five: Brick

Ben Folds: There's Always someone cooler than you

Jimmy Eat World: Sweetness

Jimmy Eat World: Get it Faster

Not much new stuff, but mostly songs that I am getting into again

I gotta admire a BFF fan...saw them about 4 times before they broke up, amazing shows.

Can I reccomend you check out their first, self-titled album, if you haven't done so already? Some of their best songs are on there: Philosophy being the best one. There's some other jewels on there: Underground, Jackson Cannery, Best Imitation of Myself, etc.

Whatever and Ever Amen has a few jewels on it too.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
Solitary Man - Clay Aiken

What can I say, I'm a Claymaniac. :wub:

I believe the term is Claymate..... ;)

As per American Idol, Kelly Clarkson's cd is probably the best cd for working out that has come across my way in a long time. Hell yes cardio!

Also, I can't speak for the whole cd--but I looooooooove the Blake Shelton cover of Goodbye Time. Really two thumbs up......

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
I believe the term is Claymate.....  ;)

As per American Idol, Kelly Clarkson's cd is probably the best cd for working out that has come across my way in a long time. Hell yes cardio!

Also, I can't speak for the whole cd--but I looooooooove the Blake Shelton cover of Goodbye Time. Really two thumbs up......

I thought Claymainac sounded more masculine.

I got around to listening to the new Weezer Album. So far from the few songs I've listened to, great album, The Other Way is a great song. I'm goin to be nodding my head to this for a while yet. :snr

I've been listening to quite a lot of stuff recently.

Beck-Guero is solid all the way throughout, gotta love the Beastie Boys sample on E-Pro and Jack White on bass on Go It Alone.

Weezer-Make Believe is pretty good not as good as Blue or Pinkerton but definitely better than Green and Maladroit. I especially like Perfect Situation, Hold Me, and The Other Way.

Ben Folds-Songs For Silverman is pretty good as well. I just picked it up the other day so I haven't had the chance to listen to it much, but I can say Late is my favorite song so far.

I've also been listening to a lot of Sleater-Kinney in anticipation of their new album that comes out next week.

Also looking forward to the new Coldplay cd.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Im just going to list some albums

Weezer. Either The Blue album or Pinkerton

Oasis- Whats The Story Morning Glory

Frankly Oasis peaked with Definitely Maybe. Whats the Story is a good album, their last moment before becoming Blowasis. Although the new single ain't bad.