Star Wars

Chisoxfn

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m a big Star Wars fan (I bet you didn’t know that!) but sadly I will not be able to see it tonight nor tomorrow. I got tickets for this Saturday afternoon. My local theater told me they were sold out on Thursday and Friday so....

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 18, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
I’m a big Star Wars fan (I bet you didn’t know that!) but sadly I will not be able to see it tonight nor tomorrow. I got tickets for this Saturday afternoon. My local theater told me they were sold out on Thursday and Friday so....

YODA NOT THERE OPENING NIGHT?

What is this world coming too...

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)

Lol, we were lucky. It was playing in 5 theatres at my local theatre so we were able to just pick up tix like half an hour ago.

On a sidenote, first time I ever used fandango. We went to the theatre and it said it was sold out but on Fandango there were tickets.

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 18, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
Please, DO NOT spoil it for me or anyone else.  ;)

I dunno, I have a feeling Annikan becomes Darth Vader and tries to build a "Death Star" in which his son comes back UNKNOWING its his father and foils his plan... just a hunch

QUOTE(T R U @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
I dunno, I have a feeling Annikan becomes Darth Vader and tries to build a "Death Star" in which his son comes back UNKNOWING its his father and foils his plan... just a hunch

Really. I thought Anakin got a sex change and turned into that Leia chick. :huh:

Not about episode 3 but i was watchin Return of the Jedi on DVD that i got for christmas and never got around to watchin. But at the end party scene they have Anikian from episode 3 ghost standing where the guy who was in the darth vader suit was standing. And i went back to the video and fast forwarded and realized they re did the entire party scene with different music and a different order of showing things.

This one looks pretty cool. I won't see it for a few weeks. I want to know if it's appropriate for a 6 year old (I've heard it's pretty violent). This is where Episodes I-III should have started. Those other two sucked.

I'm hoping Anikin doesn't yell, "Yippie!" in this one, but you never know with Lucas.

QUOTE(Cy Garland @ May 18, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
And i went back to the video and fast forwarded and realized they re did the entire party scene with different music and a different order of showing things.

That's one of the many things that bug me about the Jedi Special edetion version. The other big change in there is the completely different song the Sy Snootles band plays at Jabba's palace and the replacement of the muppets with CG characters.

Just got back from Sith. Easily the best of the prequels by a longshot. Hard to get everything they had to into this one but Lucas did an admirable job. At times Hatden Christensen even seemed believable in the role, unlike his craptacularly stiff performance in Clones.

Agreed, Jim. This is definitely the best of the prequels. I actually had no intention whatsoever to see the movie tonight, but I ended up seeing it and I'm glad I did. The last half of the movie f'n badass! :headbang

Well, here's my night's story about how I came to see the movie:

My night started out by going to the bookstore to buy As I Lay Dying by Faulker. I left the bookstore when it closed at 10, and realized that I was close to the movie theater that one of my best friends was at waiting in line to see the movie. So, I thought I'd go visit him since he'd been out waiting since 2:00. I got there and couldn't find him. And, while I was looking for him, this elderly woman walked up and asked if I needed tickets? So, I asked her which show they were to and how much? She said they were for the 12:01 showing (the first one) and she'd take $6 for them. I couldn't believe what I heard, so I checked out the tickets and they were real. I decided to buy. Basically, the reason the woman took less than face value (which is $8 a ticket where I live) is b/c she had gotten there earlier to get in line and was given the opportunity to go to a special 7:30 showing for free. So, she had no use for the tickets she'd bought, and figuered she should get some $$$ for them. Anyway, as it happens, I finally found my friend, who was with some friends he swims with, and they were all at the front of the line to get in the theater. First, I went over and started talking to them and before I knew it, they started to let people in the theater. So, I just went in with them. I felt like an ass for skipping a bunch of people that had been there for hours, but then again, I would have been by myself had I gone to the back of the line and what was one person gonna hurt if I got in front. Plus, no one behind us cared and I even chatted with some people before we got in the movie that saw me move up to the front of the line, and they didn't seem to care. So, that's my story about how I saw the movie.