Favorite Sox Ever? MarkB?

greg775

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 19, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Probably not the most popular opinion, but I don't think Frank is a HOF.  I think his declining numbers in the past few years hurt his chances.  First 6-7 years - absolute first ballot, but not anymore me thinks.  Still can't wait for him to come back.

Favorite WS is Black Jack.  He gave those early 90's teams their attitude.  Those A's-Sox matchups back then were classic.

Loved Rudy Law, too.  Hope Pods can break his SB mark (77 I believe).

Frank she definitley be in the HOF. Not only will he hit 500 home runs in his career, he most likely bat over .300 for his career. Also he has more walks then strike outs and has one of the best OBP ever.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, frank is pretty much the reason i became a sox fan. i remember that back in like 94, 95 when i started watchin sports seriously, i just saw this guy named frank thomas just dominate pitchers and hit bombs. i remember this one game against the royals, probably the 1st sox game i ever saw, frank hit an absolute bomb into the fountain at kaufmann . From then on, i just loved him and fell in love with the team soon after. ahhhhh, memories

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
What part of 10th highest OPS in major league history at the age of 36 doesn't register up there in that dome of yours? :bang

Like someone else said, just go away. :)

Ooops. I meant to type Larry Thomas. Please forgive.

You know, I looked up Frank's stats, and I was surprised. I thought his recent decline started waaaay earlier. Not sure why. He's really only had bad seasons when he was injured (which apparantly everyone but me knew). Mea culpa. Please don't tell me to go away anymore. I'm sensitive. :crying

By the way, how 'bout some props to me for knowing Rudy had 77 SBs in 1983. Oh, forget it. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 20, 2005 -> 07:11 AM)
You know, I looked up Frank's stats, and I was surprised.  I thought his recent decline started waaaay earlier.  Not sure why. 

What he did last year at the age of 36:

April: 1.065 OPS

May: .991 OPS

June: 1.042 OPS

I mean, for a slugger, what's a more definitive stat that OBP + SLG? Like I said, Top 10 ever with guys like Ruth, Williams, Gehrig, Musial, Foxx, Hornsby, Bonds, etc.

I have no idea how people could sleep on Big Frank. I expect it from casual baseball fans, but from Sox fans? It's depressing.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
Considering the fact the White Sox haven't exactly had the most stellar history of all teams, out there, with dozens of Hall of Famers, I was wondering if Mark Buehrle has become your favorite Sox player of all time.

He gets the ball and pitches it w/out bleeping around.

He has a good personality with the media and fans.

He has never been a brat with his contract.

Mark B is creeping into my top five Sox of all time.

FRANK no doubt will always be my favorite. He has the advantage over everyone because he started when I was 8 years old. No matter how good someone becomes or is.... you can't replace your childhood favorite.