should rogo be promoted to AAA?

Hatchetman

QUOTE(poorme @ May 24, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
he seems to be having no problem in AA, and he's already old, this being his 5th year in the minors.

He missed almost 2 entire seasons due to injury. Last year was his first season of full-season baseball, really.

He's only old in years, not in terms of baseball experience. I'm just fine with keeping him in AA at least until the break. There isn't exactly anyone moving up at 1B behind him in the system...

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Casey is getting the Power Stroke down he has 8 Steals as well, Casey has a chance to become a good major leaguer.  As for now Casey needs a couple more months in BHAM.

For a guy as big as he is, you'd think he'd be a power hitter, but he just isn't. He hits the ball most often with top spin and most of the times he really hits the ball hard, it's on a line, not at an upward angle.

He just doesn't hit the ball with "carry" (backspin) due to his swing plane and mechanics, and I don't think that's likely to ever change much at this point. 20 HR's is about the most I'd expect out of him on average...

Edited by Randar68

QUOTE(Randar68 @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
For a guy as big as he is, you'd think he'd be a power hitter, but he just isn't.  He hits the ball most often with top spin and most of the times he really hits the ball hard, it's on a line, not at an upward angle.

He just doesn't hit the ball with "carry" (backspin) due to his swing plane and mechanics, and I don't think that's likely to ever change much at this point.  20 HR's is about the most I'd expect out of him on average...

I haven't seen Rogo before this season, Could it be he has adjusted his swing to work better at the Met I would say 75% of the Homeruns at the Met are line drives Flyball Homeruns are very tough to hit at the Met.

QUOTE(poorme @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
i see him as sort of a nick johnson type.

I'd be pretty happy if he turned into a Nick Johnson type. Obviously, not the injuries part of him, but the other aspects (namely good strike-zone judgement, preferably without the K's).

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
I haven't seen Rogo before this season,  Could it be he has adjusted his swing to work better at the Met I would say 75% of the Homeruns at the Met are line drives  Flyball Homeruns are very tough to hit at the Met.

Well, I don't think so. The player I described is the same player I've seen in the past, particularly last season in W-S. I just don't think he generates the carry that translates into a big-league home-run-hitter.

Chris Young on the other hand...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 24, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Rogo walks and steals, and doesnt k very much.  PLus if there was a brawl he would flat out DOMINATE the other team.

and thats what matters most lol :P

the guy im trying to keep a close eye on is Chris Young... if he can shorten his swing and still have all that power we could have ourselves a future star.... also Jerry Owens I think is going to be a really good ball player.

Guest JimH

If he keeps this up he's in line for Ross Gload's spot next year. From what I understand Rogowski is very good defensively, although I saw him make several miscues in Tucson and not just on bad infield hops either.

He's doing what he's supposed to be doing though ... hitting well, getting the K/BB ratio back in order, and showing he can handle AA. The Sox like him, he's on the 40 man for a reason.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ May 24, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
He missed almost 2 entire seasons due to injury.  Last year was his first season of full-season baseball, really.

He's only old in years, not in terms of baseball experience.  I'm just fine with keeping him in AA at least until the break.  There isn't exactly anyone moving up at 1B behind him in the system...

I really like Casey as a player and i think he will be a good one someday. Last year was not his first full season though.Not counting rookie ball he has had 4 seasons of playing in 116 games or more. In the other season he played in 63 games.