Mike Morse

dasox24

I was listening to the post-game coverage of the AAA team here, and the announcers were talking about the game, and picked Morse as the Player of the Game. Then, they had him on for an interview, and he sounded pretty well-spoken and like a pretty good guy. They talked about how he's a big SS like A-Rod, and that the M's have given him tapes of A-Rod, so he can watch how a bigger SS plays the game. Anyway, this interview had nothing to do with the Sox, but it was just a good interview. So, I just thought I'd mention the former Sox minor leaguer, and I'm really rootin' for this guy to make it to the big leagues, now.

Also, the M's had a 19 year old on the mound last night and he pitched great. 19 years old and already in AAA- I have a feeling this guy's gonna be a good one.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 24, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I was listening to the post-game coverage of the AAA team here, and the announcers were talking about the game, and picked Morse as the Player of the Game.  Then, they had him on for an interview, and he sounded pretty well-spoken and like a pretty good guy.  They talked about how he's a big SS like A-Rod, and that the M's have given him tapes of A-Rod, so he can watch how a bigger SS plays the game.  Anyway, this interview had nothing to do with the Sox, but it was just a good interview.  So, I just thought I'd mention the former Sox minor leaguer, and I'm really rootin' for this guy to make it to the big leagues, now. 

Also, the M's had a 19 year old on the mound last night and he pitched great.  19 years old and already in AAA- I have a feeling this guy's gonna be a good one.

Felix Hernandez I assume was pitching??

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 24, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Yeah, that's who it was.  That guy is bad ass.  He went 7 strong, giving up 0 runs with 9 k's last night.

Yeah, I saw him pitch a game in spring training, he's got a chance to a great one.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 24, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Yeah, that's who it was.  That guy is bad ass.  He went 7 strong, giving up 0 runs with 9 k's last night.

Probably the best pitcher in all of the minors. I saw him throw a game this spring and all I could say is WOWZERS. If he stays healthy and improves his control...the guy will win a cy young or two.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)
Probably the best pitcher in all of the minors.  I saw him throw a game this spring and all I could say is WOWZERS.  If he stays healthy and improves his control...the guy will win a cy young or two.

Idonno that Adam Miller dude in the tribes system could give him a run for his money.. But yeah Felix Hernandez is what you call a future cy young winner.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Idonno that Adam Miller dude in the tribes system could give him a run for his money.. But yeah Felix Hernandez is what you call a future cy young winner.

Miller is really good too, but doesn't come even close to Hernandez, imo. I do recall talking to a couple of the media guys last year and both were left stunned after seeing Miller come in and kick the crap out of their respected affiliates. Miller can throw the heat thats for sure.

Still I rate Hernandez in a class of his own.

Also, the M's had a 19 year old on the mound last night and he pitched great. 19 years old and already in AAA- I have a feeling this guy's gonna be a good one.

you ahve a feeling this guys going to be a good one? hes the most talked about prospect in baseball right now....your feeling is a consensus

Mike is susposed to make his first major league start tonight.

per rotoworld

Mike Morse - SS - Mariners

Mike Morse will make his major league debut tonight.

''He didn't come up here to sit, so he will play,'' manager Mike Hargrove said. ''How much? I don't know.'' Morse struck out in his first big league at-bat as a pinch-hitter yesterday. Jun. 1 - 5:26 am et

Source: Seattle Times

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
He been called up already... I thought he was far from being major league ready when we traded him.

My guess is this is too quick and he will be back in AAA before too long. I don't know the M's situation and why he got called up, however.