Which GM has done a better job

Cubs Suck23

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Had a conversation with a friend he thinks Ron Schueler is a way better GM than KW. Where I think Kenny is the better of the two...

Who do you all think

depending on how this year's final outcome is will be my answer. I would lean towards kenny though.

Right now, amazingly, I'm leaning towards KW, for 1 reason; it seems like he's doing a dynamite job building up the farm system.

Right now, we've got as many guys on the way up as I can remember us having at any time in the past. Anderson. Fields. Sweeney. BMac. Gio. Bajenaru. We've had some excellent drafts in the last few years under KW, and I give the credit for that to the guy at the top.

Also, KW seems to have done a remarkable job of finding guys who, for whatever reason, were underrated and hence available for less money than they deserve. (A.J., El Duque, Tadahito, Pods all come to mind). That has let us build a much deeper team than we've had in previous years, and that's been a big key this year.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
I say never had the sox had a good GM, If they were smart, we fire KW.. And look into Atlanta system to find our next GM, you don't win 13 straight DIV titles on luck.

Seriously, is this satire? You can claim that KW is not a good GM if you want, that's a point you can make. But who are we going to get from Atlanta? Are they just going to let Scheurholtz waltz out the door? While we're at it, can we add Mazzone to handle our pitching staff? That guy's a deity!

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
I say never had the sox had a good GM, If they were smart, we fire KW.. And look into Atlanta system to find our next GM, you don't win 13 straight DIV titles on luck.

Gotta hand it to you Anthrax, you have all your players handpicked, and now you have your GM handpicked. Damn that reality for standing in the way..... :banghead

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)

Maybe we could then trade some of our minor league bench warmers for Bobby Cox.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Anthrax- How can you say KW hasnt done a fine job.... Our minor league system is pretty solid and we have the best record in baseball..

If Frank& Mags didnt get hurt last we would have made the playoffs

look at the thread "there is a trade brewing..."

he says "KW hasnt done a fine job" a whole lot. he doesnt explain it outside of complaining that KW didnt sign his guys, but he says it alot.

Seriously, is this satire?  You can claim that KW is not a good GM if you want, that's a point you can make.  But who are we going to get from Atlanta?  Are they just going to let Scheurholtz waltz out the door?  While we're at it, can we add Mazzone to handle our pitching staff?  That guy's a deity!

Where did I say in my post that I thought we would get Scheurholtz?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
Where did I say in my post that I thought we would get Scheurholtz?

you didnt. You inferred that someone (anyone) in Atlanta's upper management was waiting to be scooped up by the Sox. Shuerholz is the only GM they have had there for the past 15 years..... the dots were connected.

I love it when you make a statement and back off of it three posts later.

you didnt. You inferred that someone (anyone) in Atlanta's upper management was waiting to be scooped up by the Sox. Shuerholz is the only GM they have had there for the past 15 years..... the dots were connected.

I love it when you make a statement and back off of it three posts later.

Was our current GM a GM before?

Do you have to be a GM to get a GM job?

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 26, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
KW so far....I'll never forgive Schueler for not signing Clemens back in the 90s because he was too "old"....If we had KW then, Kenny would have signed the Rocket!

For some reason I find it hard to believe that Roger would have ever signed with the Chicago White Sox

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Was our current GM a GM before?

Do you have to be a GM to get a GM job?

I can play that game too.

Did i say that you said the Sox were getting Shuerholz?

Did i say that you said you have to be a GM to get a GM job?

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
For some reason I find it hard to believe that Roger would have ever signed with the Chicago White Sox

Actually, there was strong interest in the Clemens camp. Shueler nixed it because he thought Clemens was done. Clemens went on to Toronto on the cheap and the rest is history.