Which GM has done a better job

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
Was our current GM a GM before?

Do you have to be a GM to get a GM job?

are you making a case for yourself to get the job??

There is MUCH more to the Braves that their GM that has won them titles-this is what we were expressing. Their HOF manager, and the best pitching coach in the business helps alot as well.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you making a case for yourself to get the job??

There is MUCH more to the Braves that their GM that has won them titles-this is what we were expressing.  Their HOF manager, and the best pitching coach in the business helps alot as well.

So your saying that the 13 divisonal title have more to do with the Manger than the GM?

KW is the more riskier and cutthroat GM. He goes for it no matter what. What have the prospect we've given up amounted to, besides Jeremy Reed?

Ron Schueler passed on Roger Clemens and brought in injured players i.e. Ellis Burks, Bo Jackson, Julio Franco, Darrin Jackson and fortunately, became healthy again to help the Sox.

However, in the years Schueler was GM, I only remember him acquiring re-enforcements twice (Tim Belcher in 1993) and then seven years later in 2000 (Charles Johnson.) And how can we forget the White Flag of 1997, but that had a lot to do with Reinsdorf.

As for KW, if he isn't restocking the farm system, he's making mid-season acquisitions.

Although, with Schueler, we won the division twice. With KW none.

But I like KW better.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
So your saying that the 13 divisonal title have more to do with the Manger than the GM?

Uh, I said that it has more than just the GM to thank, its the manager, the coaches, the minor league system and the scouting system. The GM plays a part, yes, but as far as the team you have pegged, they have much more going for them than the GM.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)

... and the best pitching coach in all of baseball by far. Whatever he touches turns into gold and it is not a coincidence

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)

You seem to think our 33 and 14 start has everything to do with our manager and nothing to do with the GM, so in your logic, this is possible.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
You seem to think our 33 and 14 start has everything to do with our manager and nothing to do with the GM, so in your logic, this is possible.

LOL :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
... and the best pitching coach in all of baseball by far. Whatever he touches turns into gold and it is not a coincidence

Agreed, and before you begin to type Anthrax, and telling us that we are wrong and we need to see the light, you even said yourself than in certain situations (sox) the manager can have great influenece over the decisions made by the GM. In Atlanta, your example, they have 2 GREAT coaches helping guide the way.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 26, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Anthrax....did KW screw your gf/wife at one point or another? You got a serious grudge with him...take it easy champ!

Jester, for a second I thought you were on to something.

Then it dawned on me the he would have to have a gf/wife. I'm not sure that's possible.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
The Sosa deal was also another major mistake by Schueler...

I disagree......I would rather have george bell working in a gas station in the dominican then that pansy ass, whining, salsa listening, steroid abusing, bat corking cheater :sosasucks

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 26, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
I disagree......I would rather have george bell working in a gas station in the dominican then that pansy ass, whining, salsa listening, steroid abusing, bat corking cheater  :sosasucks

George W. traded Sammy as well, and look what happened to him. :ph34r:

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I disagree......I would rather have george bell working in a gas station in the dominican then that pansy ass, whining, salsa listening, steroid abusing, bat corking cheater  :sosasucks

At the time it made some sense, he was a lazy outfielder who struck out too much.. We thought we fleeced them. BUT....it turns out we had to wait for good ol Matt Karchner to get back at them.