Which GM has done a better job

Cubs Suck23

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Actually, there was strong interest in the Clemens camp. Shueler nixed it because he thought Clemens was done. Clemens went on to Toronto on the cheap and the rest is history.

Good history....Eight more yrs of rock solid pitching after '97 (Three of them with 20 wins) and 4 more Cy Young Awards....Yeah Schueler, the Rocket was done....Done cementing his Hall of Fame career :chair

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
ANd you wanted him over Russ Ortiz.. Now that is Funny...

KW offereing 3 years for 18mil.. Thats also funny.

Since Russ Ortiz is doing so awesome too

4-3, 5.20 ERA, 1.81 WHIP, .305 BAA, K/BB of .75, K/9 of 3.75,

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
are you making a case for yourself to get the job??

There is MUCH more to the Braves that their GM that has won them titles-this is what we were expressing.  Their HOF manager, and the best pitching coach in the business helps alot as well.

Scheurholtz without Cox and Mazzone is like Billy Beane without Hudson and Mulder.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Scheurholtz without Cox and Mazzone is like Billy Beane without Hudson and Mulder.

That will be proven wrong in a couple years.

I prefer Scheurholtz:Cox and Mazzone::Beane:sabermetrics

Both are unemployed

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
AS soon as he puts a winning season together I will get off his back and give him the credit that then he deserves.. not a moment sooner.

Um, as was stated earlier, we are yet to have a losing season during his tenure.

KW had a very auspicious first two years but since then I've been very pleased. Despite are record and lack of achievement in 2003 and 2004 I thought he did a good job those years. Sometimes smart moves don't work. Trading for Alomar and Everett seemed brilliant in 2003 but it didn't work out. I was dancing in the street the night the trades were announced though.

Last year, we lost Frank and Maggs early in the season. That's hard to blame on KW.

And, at this point, its also hard to beat them up for expecting good things from Garland over the last couple years. It just took longer than expected.

I am. I mean I traded away all the current players except BMac and Crede and turned the White Sox into the Yankees. 13 straight World Series titles, I don't see Schueler or K-Dub repeating that.

Anyway, out of those two, KW all the way. He's not afraid to pull the trigger on trades and he actually gets name players. I also agree with whoever said, KW would've signed Rocket when he wanted to sign with the White Sox, Schueler rejected him saying he was too old.

Plus BMac was a KW choice. KW all the way, all day, everyday.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Why do I get the feeling that even if we got all the guys he wanted, Anthrax would still find a way to hate Kenny?

Its not a feeling. Its the truth.