Carlton Fisk and the White Sox

Hideaway Lights

I felt he disowned us when he went into the Hall of Fame as a Red Sox. I kind of resent him for that, and whenever someone asks me to make an "all-time" list or list my 5 favorite players, I always leave him off intentionally.

I know I'll probably get lynched for this POV, but anyone else feel like he took out his battle with mgmt on the fans? Didn't he have more tick and play more games in Chicago overall?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I felt he disowned us when he went into the Hall of Fame as a Red Sox. I kind of resent him for that, and whenever someone asks me to make an "all-time" list or list my 5 favorite players, I always leave him off intentionally.

I know I'll probably get lynched for this POV, but anyone else feel like he took out his battle with mgmt on the fans? Didn't he have more tick and play more games in Chicago overall?

Imagine how Fisk felt when the Sox dumped him on his ass with no warning? I loved Fisk, and he was great for the organization. But try and think of the most memorable Fisk moment ever, and you would be hard-pressed to not remember him in a Red Sox uniform hitting his famous homerun.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
You neglected to mention all the wrongs the White Sox organization did to Fisk, my favorite player of all time.  You have reported only half, or, half of one half of the story.

Things are much deeper than that.  Much.

And so it's justified that he takes his frustration out on the fans that supported him as well as management?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
You neglected to mention all the wrongs the White Sox organization did to Fisk, my favorite player of all time.  You have reported only half, or, half of one half of the story.

Things are much deeper than that.  Much.

Also my fav player of all time, they wronged him in several ways, he was the heart and soul of that team. I will long think Fisk as the face of the SOX

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
And so it's justified that he takes his frustration out on the fans that supported him as well as management?

Lot more fans in Boston.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
The Baseball Hall of Fame decides what team you are inducted as. He has a little say but it is hard to change the committees mind on what hat you'll wear.

They do now.. Carlton was able to choose his cap.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
The Baseball Hall of Fame decides what team you are inducted as. He has a little say but it is hard to change the committees mind on what hat you'll wear.

I thought that CArlton decided that? I remember a big deal being made about how he 'picked' the Red Sox hat to wear into Cooperstown.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 26, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
I thought that CArlton decided that?  I remember a big deal being made about how he 'picked' the Red Sox hat to wear into Cooperstown.

I think it was around the time Wade Boggs signed his contract with the D-Rays. In that contract, there was a stipulation that he would go into the Hall as a D-Ray. People freaked out, which I don't blame them.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
I think it was around the time Wade Boggs signed his contract with the D-Rays.  In that contract, there was a stipulation that he would go into the Hall as a D-Ray.  People freaked out, which I don't blame them.

Really? That is ridiculous. Tampa wanted some representation....the way they're going, they'll never have one. :bang

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)

How about dumping his ass the next night after honoring him at home in Cleveland and not letting him have access to the Sox clubhouse during playoffs. This is why he wore Red sox Hat in HOF he has nothing but respect for White sox fan. Fisk hates JR and I understand why.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)

Dumbest..... Post..... EVER!

Carlton's decision was, in no way, directed at the fans. It was directed at that jerkoff Jerry Reinsdorf. And I, for one, don't blame him and I hold no ill will towards Fisk. If I was so unceremoniously s*** upon by the Organization that I gave a decade's + worth of hard work and sweat too, I would go tell my ex-boss to go eat a dick too.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)

Carlton's decision was, in no way, directed at the fans. It was directed at that jerkoff Jerry Reinsdorf. And I, for one, don't blame him and I hold no ill will towards Fisk. If I was so unceremoniously s*** upon by the Organization that I  gave a decade's + worth of hard work and sweat too, I would go tell my ex-boss to go eat a dick too.

If this forum had a killfile, I would've just used it.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)

Carlton's decision was, in no way, directed at the fans. It was directed at that jerkoff Jerry Reinsdorf. And I, for one, don't blame him and I hold no ill will towards Fisk. If I was so unceremoniously s*** upon by the Organization that I  gave a decade's + worth of hard work and sweat too, I would go tell my ex-boss to go eat a dick too.

:notworthy

I've figured out the problem. Ozzie isn't giving us enough to talk about this week. So, we're stuck arguing over crap and in some cases just making s*** up.

Oh well.

How bout them Cubs?!?!? The Rox we're 3-20 on the road going into today's game.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
I've figured out the problem.  Ozzie isn't giving us enough to talk about this week.  So, we're stuck arguing over crap and in some cases just making s*** up.

Oh well.

How bout them Cubs?!?!?  The Rox we're 3-20 on the road going into today's game.

ah yes, we needed a change of subject, those cubs do suck