Not real encouraging Frank numbers...

Wanne

I've been as anxious as anybody to get Frank back into the lineup...but these numbers don't do much for my chubby. I'm trying not to read too much into this and I realize he's just getting back into it...but...

Rehab to date (10 games): 6-for-33 (.182) with four walks, seven strikeouts, one double, two runs and one RBI.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
I've been as anxious as anybody to get Frank back into the lineup...but these numbers don't do much for my chubby.  I'm trying not to read too much into this and I realize he's just getting back into it...but...

Rehab to date (10 games): 6-for-33 (.182) with four walks, seven strikeouts, one double, two runs and one RBI.

Honestly, i dont expect much better. he hasnt played in about a year, hasnt run in about a year, his injured leg atrophied from lack of excercise. Thomas has a big uphill battle ahead of him. I think in his mind he wants to see Major league pitching to get his timing back.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
I've been as anxious as anybody to get Frank back into the lineup...but these numbers don't do much for my chubby.  I'm trying not to read too much into this and I realize he's just getting back into it...but...

Can he be any worse than Carl Everett is at the plate right now?

Either way we'll be better with Frank in the lineup. Just on reputation and physical presence he'll be the only guy in the lineup whom pitchers will be nervous about pitching too. Which means better pitches for guys like Rowand and Konerko.

Frank has also been saying that he feels real good hitting. He's been saying that since the spring. The only thing he's been complaining about has been running.

If I have confidence in anyone to know when they're ready to hit, it's the big man. If he says he's ready to hit...I'll believe him.

The most important thing with Frank is that he's feeling good after playing on the foot. Frank will hit and he's probably bored down there anyways, it might take him some time to get back to Frank like but he'll help no matter what once he's back in the lineup cause even if he's not killing the ball out of the gate he'll be on base a lot.

The other thing about Frank in the lineup is he can either a) provide protection, or B) give protection to Pauly.

Add Frank to the Pauly, Jurassic, Dead mix (the 4-5-6) and things could be better, if not for Frank personally, then for the other hitters. The good thing now though, AJ has a hot bat and putting him in the mix at least offers some kind of protection.

Oh hell. If Frank comes up and goes 0-4 in his first game, 70% of the posters will be screaming for him to be sent back down. 10% will blame KW for it. 10% will blame Ozzie. 5% will b**** because we cut Timo.

The rest of us will be rolling our eyes as we read all the BS.

:P

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Oh hell.  If Frank comes up and goes 0-4 in his first game, 70% of the posters will be screaming for him to be sent back down.  10% will blame KW for it.  10% will blame Ozzie.  5% will b**** because we cut Timo. 

What is saddest is that you could very well be right.

(except that the 10% that blames KW for it will actually be Anthrax)

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Oh hell.  If Frank comes up and goes 0-4 in his first game, 70% of the posters will be screaming for him to be sent back down.  10% will blame KW for it.  10% will blame Ozzie.  5% will b**** because we cut Timo. 

And they say math skills suck in Kentucky :cheers

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 28, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)

I hear ya