Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
i just have this weird feeling the twins are gonna slow it down a bit. dont ask me why but i just feel they may run out of gas.

We all hope they will run out of gas. But over the past 3 seasons we have been the team to run out of gas and the Twins had enough of it to finish the race. Our pitching has been excellent for the most part- now if we can only get our hitting to come around we should be in great shape, and we should be able to maintain our first place lead. But until we get our offensive swagger back- the Twins scare me. I don't like it how we don't play them until August. But nowadays maybe its a good thing?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 28, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
We all hope they will run out of gas. But over the past 3 seasons we have been the team to run out of gas and the Twins had enough of it to finish the race. Our pitching has been excellent for the most part- now if we can only get our hitting to come around we should be in great shape, and we should be able to maintain our first place lead. But until we get our offensive swagger back- the Twins scare me. I don't like it how we don't play them until August. But nowadays maybe its a good thing?

some very good points you got there. maybe this time the twins will be the ones to run out of gas.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
It's pretty bizarre that the game got rained out.

We haven't gotten *ANY* rain since about mid-March except one time, and today it poured all day.  Pretty crazy.

Hopefully they get tomorrow in, as I'll be there watching.

hey kap i think im headin 2 ameriquest tomorrow aswell..where are ur seats?? went up 2 the park 2day damn storm..supposedly storms here in texas all week hopefully we can get this one in 2morro

"Rain washes out Rangers-White Sox

Buehrle start pushed back to Monday against Angels"

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

ARLINGTON -- Following a delay of two hours, 45 minutes, Saturday's scheduled White Sox-Rangers game was postponed because of rain. The game will be made up when Chicago returns to Arlington Aug. 29-31.

The Rangers will go with right-hander Chan Ho Park on Sunday, and Chicago will start Jon Garland. The postponement means left-hander Mark Buehrle, who pitched 7 1/3 innings of shutout ball against Texas on May 18, won't get the chance to face the Rangers in this series. Buehrle will be pushed back until Monday, when the White Sox return home to face the Angels.

Buehrle isn't sure if the extra day of rest will help or hurt.

"If I pitch poorly, I can say that's the reason," Buehrle joked.

A May rainout in Arlington is unusual. The last time Texas had a May game rained out came in 2001.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
I love Sox fans who fail to see the glaring problems with our team.

Would you rather root for a worse team so you can point out even more of their problems instead? I hear Kansas City has a few vacancies. ;)

Joe Randa. Book it.

That would make sense. The Reds aren't going anywhere and appear to be in sell / salary-dumping mode. Send them Cruddy and a prospect or two for Randa and we can all be happy. I would even try to get Kent Mercker if he wasn't such a tool last season with the Flubs.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
That would make sense.  The Reds aren't going anywhere and appear to be in sell / salary-dumping mode.  Send them Cruddy and a prospect or two for Randa and we can all be happy.

:lol:

"Happy" White Sox fans. Do they exist?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
:lol:

"Happy" White Sox fans.  Do they exist? 

No, they don't. Seriously. I know that was sarcasm, but I think it's basically the truth. Did Happy Red Sox fans exist before last October? We've thrown a freaking world series more recently than we've won one. We haven't gotten to a world series in my lifetime, and probably in the lifetimes of almost everyone here. There's just no reason to be happy yet.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
Joe Randa. Book it.

Randa always gets off to fast starts, and then goes into slumps. There's gotta be a much better trading option then Randa

QUOTE(Be Good @ May 29, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
Randa always gets off to fast starts, and then goes into slumps.  There's gotta be a much better trading option then Randa

Coulda fooled me.

Joe Randa's Avg. By month for career:

April - .259

May - .281

June - .292

July - .285

Aug - .282

Sept - .316

It looks to me like he starts off very slow, gets real hot going inot June then stays solid for July and August and then finishes ridiculously hot in September.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
Coulda fooled me.

Joe Randa's Avg. By month for career:

April - .259

May - .281

June - .292

July - .285

Aug - .282

Sept - .316

It looks to me like he starts off very slow, gets real hot going inot June then stays solid for July and August and then finishes ridiculously hot in September.

Joe's a good hitter, I'd love to have him. Always comes up with the big hit.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
That would make sense.  The Reds aren't going anywhere and appear to be in sell / salary-dumping mode.  Send them Cruddy and a prospect or two for Randa and we can all be happy.  I would even try to get Kent Mercker if he wasn't such a tool last season with the Flubs.

I don't think Randa would cost us Crede and two prospects. If they're dumping salaray, we might not even have to give them a prospect at all. Crede for Randa straight-up would help them lose a bit of salary.

Not sure if we're using this thread for today's game, but here's the lineup from gameday:

Podsednik LF

Iguchi 2B

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Dye RF

Rowand CF

Crede 3B

Uribe SS

Dellucci DH

Young SS

Teixeira 1B