Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
You couldn't be more off base here.

Oh am I? He's no longer going to be a cheap player after this season, and he's having a terrible year this season. There's not going to be a big market for someone who hits 15 homers and can't draw a walk to save his life.

Guest JimH
Oh am I?  He's no longer going to be a cheap player after this season, and he's having a terrible year this season.  There's not going to be a big market for someone who hits 15 homers and can't draw a walk to save his life.

Yes, you are. Look at the defensive side of things, he brings that every day.

No question his market value is lower now than say, 2 years ago.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Yes, you are.  Look at the defensive side of things, he brings that every day.

No question his market value is lower now than say, 2 years ago.

Agreed his defense is solid, but he plays a power position. You don't see many teams who would want a 3rd baseman based on his defense.

Guest JimH
Agreed his defense is solid, but he plays a power position.  You don't see many teams who would want a 3rd baseman based on his defense.

Yes, I wish he supplied more power. You'd like to see 25+ out of a 3B.

But to say he has no trade value whatsoever ... I don't agree with that at all.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
They're making Park work, that's good.

We can work a pitcher all we want, but we need to score some f***ing runs. We have a lot better chance at scoring than if we have to face Shouse and Cordero, etc.

BTW Jim, not trying to pick on everything you say. Just voicing our frustration.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
The moraine valley baseball team has a more potent offense right now than these guys.  WTF, so much for the power hitters striking fear.

You're damn right about that. We couldn't hit the ball if we sent our batters up there with telephone poles at this point.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
Stupid by Konerko.  That was just dumb, what's he thinking there?

I know it seems unrealistic... But I bet Williams is looking to Colorado at Helton. And yes, I know the contract structure. Kenny isn't a stupid man, he's definitely looking to upgrade 1B and 3B, especially if the duo there continue to be absolutely dismal offensively.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
The only reason our lead will stay at 3.5 games -- Roy Halladay is pitching a gem against the Twins and has a 2-0 lead into the 9th inning.

It's sad when we're hoping not to lose ground instead of trying to advance our lead. Reminds me of KC from a few years ago, as well as when the Cubs were like 6 games up at the ASB about 4 years ago.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
The only reason our lead will stay at 3.5 games -- Roy Halladay is pitching a gem against the Twins and has a 2-0 lead into the 9th inning.

We keep hitting ( or not hitting like this ) and we're gonna be in second place by next week. Book it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
I know it seems unrealistic...  But I bet Williams is looking to Colorado at Helton.  And yes, I know the contract structure.  Kenny isn't a stupid man, he's definitely looking to upgrade 1B and 3B, especially if the duo there continue to be absolutely dismal offensively.

Pauly is here for the long haul this year. He could hit 150 for the rest of the year and he will still be out ther batting 4th or 5th.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
I know it seems unrealistic...  But I bet Williams is looking to Colorado at Helton.  And yes, I know the contract structure.  Kenny isn't a stupid man, he's definitely looking to upgrade 1B and 3B, especially if the duo there continue to be absolutely dismal offensively.

Helton's not a reasonable option. He's also having a terrible year (for him), and it's likely teams with bigger pockets will go after him.