Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

If this game is called, I'd say you're 20-1 there's a double header tomorrow.

If for some reason they don't schedule it tomorrow, then Garland will go on Monday, and everyone will be bounced back a day.  No reason to give Garland a 10 day rest.

On the other hand...is anyone else thinking about a double-header with Garland and Buehrle as our pitchers, and imagining us giving up like 2 hits in 18 innings?

Why wouldnt Garland Pitch Sunday, and Buehrle on Monday. That makes sence. Under your situation, who would pitch on Sunday, with Garland pitching Monday?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 28, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
On the other hand...is anyone else thinking about a double-header with Garland and Buehrle as our pitchers, and imagining us giving up like 2 hits in 18 innings?

With the Rangers offense, I'm more worried that our hitting would get like 2 hits in 18 innings! :crying

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ May 28, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
Why wouldnt Garland Pitch Sunday, and Buehrle on Monday.  That makes sence.  Under your situation, who would pitch on Sunday, with Garland pitching Monday?

Ack...you're right, brain death here. Garland pitches tomorrow, Buehrle Monday. That's what happens when you spend the whole morning looking at microscope slides.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 28, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
How long after start time do they usualy give before calling it off. I have only seen recorded games before. Wouldn't you know it, I finaly get MLB TV and this happens :crying

So your the one... :bang

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Twins leading the Blue Jays 4-1 in the 5th inning.  We better win today.

Twins are now getting the same type of consistent starting pitching that we've got all year. With their consistent bullpen and their ability to hold leads, they're a better team this year than previous seasons.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Twins leading the Blue Jays 4-1 in the 5th inning.  We better win today.

At 3 games, a lead is no longer comfortable at all. They have to start winning because this lead could disappear in a week or two. Then we won't be able to say we have the best record in our own division anymore, let alone in all of baseball. Only then will people actually start admitting that we have some problems on this team.

it's not raining anymore and hasn't been for about an hour and half.

not sure why they're not playing yet.

i live about 20 minutes west of the ballpark so i can't imagine the weather is any different there.

Edited by black jack

QUOTE(black jack @ May 28, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
it's not raining anymore and hasn't been for about an hour and half.

not sure why they're not playing yet.

They just showed footage at the game, and it was coming down quite hard.

I really wont' complain if we get rained out today, for purely selfish reasons of course.

I'm out in CA, and only the Giants game was being carried on Fox today...and since Fox had the Sox game, DirecTV extra innings didn't have it.

With a little bit more rain...I can catch both games tomorrow.

I really wont' complain if we get rained out today, for purely selfish reasons of course.

I'm out in CA, and only the Giants game was being carried on Fox today...and since Fox had the Sox game, DirecTV extra innings didn't have it.

With a little bit more rain...I can catch both games tomorrow.

same here but does extra innings do doubles?

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
same here but does extra innings do doubles?

I'm pretty sure that I caught a Cubs double header on Extra Innings earlier this year, so I'm 90% confident the answer is yes.

That is of course, barring any wierd scheduling agreements I don't know about (I'm imagining something like ESPN having exclusive rights to all sunday evening games no matter what...if that were the case then who knows.)