SOX vs. Angels 5-30-05

I am 1-0 doing game threads, with the return of Thomas, and our ace pitching, lets make it 2-0!! :)

Buehrle vs. Washburn

Left-hander Mark Buehrle will try to continue his strong season on Monday as he starts the holiday game against the Angels at U.S. Cellular Field. Buehrle, who has 1.79 ERA at home, will be opposed by Angels left-hander Jarrod Washburn.-- whitesox.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White Sox come back home for holiday

05/29/2005 7:46 PM ET

By Robert Falkoff / MLB.com

Left-hander Mark Buehrle will attempt to be the stopper on Monday as the White Sox try to snap a three-game losing streak.

The White Sox, opening a six-game homestand against the Angels, could also get a jolt from the return of Frank Thomas. Manager Ozzie Guillen is hopeful that having Thomas in the lineup will take some pressure off other hitters.

Buehrle has been solid all year and is especially effective at home. His 1.79 ERA at U.S. Cellular Field represents the third-best home mark in the American League.

The fact that Chicago will be playing an afternoon game on Memorial Day suits the White Sox just fine. They are 14-6 in day games, the highest winning percentage in the Major Leagues.

Pitching matchup

CWS: LHP Mark Buehrle

• 7-1, 3.05 ERA in 2005

• 0-0, 1.00 ERA vs. LAA in 2005

LAA: LHP Jarrod Washburn

• 3-3, 3.73 ERA in 2005

• 0-1, 5.40 ERA vs. CWS in 2005

Player to watch

Shortstop Juan Uribe broke out of a 4-for-45 slump on Sunday by going 3-for-4 against the Rangers. That performance may allow Uribe to relax at the plate and get on a sustained roll.

Quotable

"They had some bloops that went their way. That's baseball." -- Carl Everett, talking about a couple of bloop hits that loomed large in the six-run sixth inning of Texas' 12-4 win over the Sox on Sunday

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• CWS: WGN, ESPN2

• LAA: FSN West

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio 1000

• LAA: KSPN Radio 710 AM, KTNQ 1020 AM

Quick hits

Right-hander Jon Garland, who took the loss on Sunday against Texas, is now 2-5 with a 6.33 ERA in 11 career appearances against the Rangers. ... Center fielder Aaron Rowand lifted his average to .267 by going 2-for-4 on Sunday. ... Righty Cliff Politte lowered his ERA to 1.96 after working a scoreless two-thirds of an inning Sunday.

On deck

• Tuesday: vs. Angels, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Wednesday: vs. Angels, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Friday: vs. Indians, 7:05 p.m. CT

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

White Sox Homepage | MLB.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
I'm 2000 miles away from the Cell...and when number 35 strolls up to the plate tomorrow, he'll be getting a standing ovation in my living room.

WELCOME BACK BIG FRANK!

:uhoh

I'll be there standing up in the bleachers. :P :headbang :gosox3:

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
At least the Sox offense won't be the worst to take the field tomorrow.  The Angels stink too.

True, lets hope they don't decide to wake up against us this series..Tomorrows game is huge..gotta stop the bleeding

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
True, lets hope they don't decide to wake up against us this series..Tomorrows game is huge..gotta stop the bleeding

Why can't we be the ones who wake up? They're still missing Vlad the Impaler, I believe.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
I went to a Wheaton Warrenville football game last fall......they got their asses kicked.

Dude, WTF? Are you going to pick a fight with every poster on here?

Why even make the comment, except to start s***?

Back off.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
The Angels routed KC today. McPherson's bat has blossomed since he hit that HR off Contreras (actually the triple of the previous day.) Let's hope home sweet home is just that.

Actually, KC came back and got to the Angels bullpen today. Bases loaded, down by 1, & Scot Shields was able to get Ruben Gotay on a sweet curveball to end it.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:24 AM)
Tony bashed me ealrier, completely unprovoked. Where were you to defend me then.

I didn't see that, but I have seen you going around and getting in arguments with just about everyone here on your first day of posting.

Let's just say that if that keeps up, you're going to be on a pretty short leash.

It's cool to disagree and debate, but damn, lay off a little.