RockRaines

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is it with you people?

There are about 15 of you that are running around being idiots.

Just stop it.

You know who you are.

This is just getting way out of hand. Take a step back, and be useful for once instead of ripping everything everyone says apart.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I figured you probably wouldn't have a real response.

Yes you are so cute, I could just pinch your cheeks.

Have you tried actually reading the sites policies?

One quick indicator that something is wrong, is when I start getting PMs and and emails with links to your posts, of which yours have been a reoccuring theme lately.

Soxtalk policy \/

In light of recent changes and occurances that happened here we have been reviewing the way things happen at Soxtalk.

First of respect for other posters seems to be at one of the lowest points since I have been on Soxtalk. Personal attacks happen for seemingly less and less of reasons. After much discussion about this as a group, we feel there are no good reasons for personal attacks on the board. We encourage all debate on topics, and we don't want to ever see that change. That is why we give you all so many more freedoms than your typical message board. But all personal attacks do is make Soxtalk a more hostile enviornment than it has to be, and they serve no useful purpose what-so-ever. We also feel that this new policy in no way will take away from your posting experience here, in fact quite the opposite. We think if people get back to the subjects at hand, instead of personal attacks the discussion and quality of the board will be even better.

So now from now on we are asking you guys to stick to the debates at hand. We don't want to see people called names or addressed with terms of derrision, of any sort. That goes from calling someone stupid or an idiot, all of the way up to labeling people with unacceptable terms of hate or stereotypes.

As always feel free to offer your opinions to this, whether it be here in public, through PM or emails.

That is from August of last year. This has been around for quite a while, and has been enforced plenty here, trust me (really way more than any of us would ever want to do). And before you go off on the martyr complex, like so many before you have done before know this much, just because we don't make big blazing announcements of warnings and suspensions doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We try to keep disipline issues quiet out of respect for the people involved.

The funny thing was that the post wasn't even that outlandish, just simply over the line. Instead of just understanding that there was no need for posts like that, you wanted the attention of making a big deal out of it... well now you got your attention, congratulations. The policy is up there, I am sorry if you don't agree with it, but it has worked about as well as anything could have for us.

Take the profanity out of what I said and read it again

"You topic elitists crack me up. It's an internet bulletin board. Grow up."

What the hell about that is a personal attack?

Yeah, I was pissed. I had put up a couple of topics myself today and I think saying things like "topic sucks" and "board blows, guys" are not only along the same lines as what I said, they are just flat out asenine things to say that add nothing to the discussion and don't make the board any better for anyone.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I'll ask the rest of the board.

Indirect attacks are okay....as long as you thoroughly slam content and never the boarder? The moment I say "someone" sucks for saying something and not "something" sucks that's said BY someone...that's when I can look forward to a banning?

Did I bash your topic somewhere and you are mad about it? Do you need a hug? :crying

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Take the profanity out of what I said and read it again

"You topic elitists crack me up. It's an internet bulletin board. Grow up."

What the hell about that is a personal attack?

Yeah, I was pissed. I had put up a couple of topics myself today and I think saying things like "topic sucks" and "board blows, guys" are not only along the same lines as what I said, they are just flat out asenine things to say that add nothing to the discussion and don't make the board any better for anyone.

There, I found it. I actually did have a purpose to my topic, as I had some positive reflection from the game yesterday while I was the the Cell watching it. Just wanted to reflect upon the game in a positive way. If you have any questions PM me, and we can discuss, thanks :cheers

Honestly what bothers me more is people just saying "board blows today guys" and "this topic sucks". It's just dumb, junior high school behavior, but it's par for the course on the internet I suppose. I usually ignore topics I find aren't good and try to discuss things that I think are worthwhile topics.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Honestly what bothers me more is people just saying "board blows today guys" and "this topic sucks". It's just dumb, junior high school behavior, but it's par for the course on the internet I suppose. I usually ignore topics I find aren't good and try to discuss things that I think are worthwhile topics.

There are good ways to say that (like you just did) and bad ways.

I can respect it when you put it like that.

Otherwise, the inflammatory stuff is just crazy around here today...

Y'all are too pissed off after winning a game yesterday.

:bang

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 31, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)

The thing is it hasn't really been possible to ignore the bad threads considering every thread has childish bickering and random insults tossed in when. People in general need to chill the f*** out perhaps?

At the risk of being called a negative nabob, there is some validity to that argument, IMO. There seems to be two groups here, one that is quick to jump on situations as negative and one that seems determined to obliterate any negative analysis from the forum.

Dropping the F bomb was probably over the top. However, I think the point is that someone shouldn't be dumped on for having negative comments any more than someone should be dumped on for being a kool-aid drinker.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)

Well you could've read farther and saw that the topic was actually a way to reflect upon the game yesterday in a positive way, but thats too much work. But hey, if this is YOUR way of venting more power to ya. Welcome to soxtalk :cheers

In case there was any wondering what group I belong to, I enjoy having my whipping boy. It allows me to vent, and venting is healthy. Good for the ticker.

Now, about WTF Ozzie was thinking....

:whip

Related argument, someone just deleted a trade topic regarding Houston.

I don't see anything wrong with that topic, Houston may well be a seller.

Ensberg would be an intriguing guy, although a downgrade defensively.

QUOTE(ISF @ May 31, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Related argument, someone just deleted a trade topic regarding Houston.

I don't see anything wrong with that topic, Houston may well be a seller.

Ensberg would be an intriguing guy, although a downgrade defensively.

I think it was the suggestion that BMac could bring Lidge, Oswalt, or even Ensberg to the Sox that got the thread deleted.

The thread came off a little "Why dont we trade BMAC for whomever we want", and it irritated everyones aggravating baby rash today.

Imagine the vitriol being spouted had the Sox lost?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I think it was the suggestion that BMac could bring Lidge, Oswalt, or even Ensberg to the Sox that got the thread deleted.

The thread came off a little "Why dont we trade BMAC for whomever we want", and it irritated everyones aggravating baby rash today. 

Imagine the vitriol being spouted had the Sox lost?

get used to it, the next 0-4 game that anyone has will bring about more trade threads than you could possibly imagine. I, for one, am trying to stay positive through everything, and as much as yesterday pissed me off, I saw lots of good things.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
get used to it, the next 0-4 game that anyone has will bring about more trade threads than you could possibly imagine.  I, for one, am trying to stay positive through everything, and as much as yesterday pissed me off, I saw lots of good things.

Best things I saw:

1. Timo earning his 1 mil.

2. Buerhle being the ace

3. Rowand heating up

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
get used to it, the next 0-4 game that anyone has will bring about more trade threads than you could possibly imagine.  I, for one, am trying to stay positive through everything, and as much as yesterday pissed me off, I saw lots of good things.

I agree Rock, most important thing I saw was the fan support. It is always really nice to see that park full and rocking( I wish I saw it that way from a seat). The team seemed like they had a spark yesterday, despite the problems scoring.