Jokers Wild

southsideirish71

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
I'd rather have Crede.  I appreciate his fielding, and his chemistry in the field with Juan.  I think his hitting comes at good times, and he fits nicely into our lineup.  Unless it is Eric Chavez, count me out.

Cruddy fits in nicely with our lineup. When has he ever hit besides for a few weeks this year. His track record is terrible. If that wasnt the case we wouldnt of drafted Fields last year. Move him and pick up someone who has a stick. Randa has a decent glove also .976 fielding percentage which is better than Crede and has a better range factor.

If we're trading for a 3B sub/utility player, get Polanco. Look at some of the info Juggs has put out there on him. This guy would be really great for us, especially since he can play some SS if we need him to.

I'd rather have Crede.  I appreciate his fielding, and his chemistry in the field with Juan.  I think his hitting comes at good times, and he fits nicely into our lineup.  Unless it is Eric Chavez, count me out.

Crede wouldn't fit nicely in a high school lineup. The guy flat out can't hit. He has had four years to try to, and he can't. He won't be the first prospect to not pan out, but lets not compound the error by sticking with him. f*** his chemistry in the field, whatever that means. You could turn any minor league shortstop into a good fielding third baseman, and they'd hit just as well as clueless Joe.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Crede wouldn't fit nicely in a high school lineup.  The guy flat out can't hit.  He has had four years to try to, and he can't.  He won't be the first prospect to not pan out, but lets not compound the error by sticking with him.  f*** his chemistry in the field, whatever that means.  You could turn any minor league shortstop into a good fielding third baseman, and they'd hit just as well as clueless Joe.

Another insightful post from an exciting new member.... :headshake

Crede's fielding is underappreciated, he makes tough plays look easy and makes alot of plays that other 3B dont even look at. Look no further than the other side of town to see how terrible a fielder a 3B can be. As far as chemistry, see our record this year, and our double play count as compared to other teams. We turn more of them, and one of the reasons is that the infielders work well with each other. How much difference would getting Joe Randa make? WE would give up alot for him,and be bascially replacing our #8 hitter. As far as where Joe fits into our lineup, being that he is an EXTREMELY reliable fielder, and a good #8 hitter with power, I dont think its neccessary to replace him. Unless you are talking about Chavez, Crede will be our 3B the rest of the year.

Crede's fielding is underappreciated, he makes tough plays look easy and makes alot of plays that other 3B dont even look at.  Look no further than the other side of town to see how terrible a fielder a 3B can be.  As far as chemistry, see our record this year, and our double play count as compared to other teams.  We turn more of them, and one of the reasons is that the infielders work well with each other.  How much difference would getting Joe Randa make?  WE would give up alot for him,and be bascially replacing our #8 hitter.  As far as where Joe fits into our lineup, being that he is an EXTREMELY reliable fielder, and a good #8 hitter with power, I dont think its neccessary to replace him.  Unless you are talking about Chavez, Crede will be our 3B the rest of the year.

Another ignorant post by a blind fan. If Crede doesn't stink, who on the Sox does? Or is everyone an all-star?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)

Crede's fielding is underappreciated, he makes tough plays look easy and makes alot of plays that other 3B dont even look at.  Look no further than the other side of town to see how terrible a fielder a 3B can be.  As far as chemistry, see our record this year, and our double play count as compared to other teams.  We turn more of them, and one of the reasons is that the infielders work well with each other.  How much difference would getting Joe Randa make?  WE would give up alot for him,and be bascially replacing our #8 hitter.  As far as where Joe fits into our lineup, being that he is an EXTREMELY reliable fielder, and a good #8 hitter with power, I dont think its neccessary to replace him.  Unless you are talking about Chavez, Crede will be our 3B the rest of the year.

His fielding is great.

His .148 BA in May is bad. In fact that would be about right if he was a pitcher in the NL.

He is an auto out right now.

So with your comment about chemistry. We should not make any changes as it may affect chemistry? No improvements just keep with this team as it is. Do you see this team having enough batting to contend as is?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)

Crede's fielding is underappreciated, he makes tough plays look easy and makes alot of plays that other 3B dont even look at.  Look no further than the other side of town to see how terrible a fielder a 3B can be.  As far as where Joe fits into our lineup, being that he is an EXTREMELY reliable fielder, and a good #8 hitter with power, I dont think its neccessary to replace him.  Unless you are talking about Chavez, Crede will be our 3B the rest of the year.

Do you watch the same games that I do? Crede's a good number 8 hitter with power? Crede is one of the easiest outs in the majors. He refuses to walk, and does not make consistent contact at all. Also, it seems like 3rd basemen are improving their defense a lot this year. Great hitters like Mora, Blalock, and even Aramis this year have played stellar defense. Crede is without a doubt our weak link.

His fielding is great. 

His .148 BA in May is bad.  In fact that would be about right if he was a pitcher in the NL. 

So with your comment about chemistry.  We should not make any changes as it may affect chemistry?  No improvements just keep with this team as it is.  Do you see this team having enough batting to contend as is?

To quote Chevey Chase, "well said, well spoken"

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
His fielding is great. 

His .148 BA in May is bad.  In fact that would be about right if he was a pitcher in the NL. 

So with your comment about chemistry.  We should not make any changes as it may affect chemistry?  No improvements just keep with this team as it is.  Do you see this team having enough batting to contend as is?

Im just saying, that as far as improving the team, there are other areas that we could readily improve if you want more hitting. Im just saying that our #8 and #9 hitters arent the problem if you are looking for more offense. Every team in the league has less offense at the bottom of the order. Adding Joe Randa doesnt rank at the top of my list.

As for adding players, and ideas. If we get to the All-star break or later, and we think that this is the year that we are going to make a run for the whole damn thing, then we should trade the farm, and I mean give up anything for an all-star, but at this point, with the best record in the MLB, adding Joe Randa doesnt seem like much to me.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
randa is an intriguing possibility and i also dont feel we would have 2 give up 2 much 2 aquire "panda randa" but i dont feel he can keep this good play up all year long BTW how old is randa??

He's not far from his career numbers at all. He's 35. Like someone else said, he has a better range factor and fielding percentage than Crede.

The Reds are in a selling mode right now. Randa is not a big name, he's not going to require any good prospects. If the deal can't be made straight-up, it would probably only cost us one fairly decent prospect. Randa makes 2.15 million this year and Crede makes 400,000. The Reds will probably want to drop that money, and that's hardly a big contract for us to take on.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Do you watch the same games that I do?  Crede's a good number 8 hitter with power?  Crede is one of the easiest outs in the majors.  He refuses to walk, and does not make consistent contact at all.  Also, it seems like 3rd basemen are improving their defense a lot this year.  Great hitters like Mora, Blalock, and even Aramis this year have played stellar defense.  Crede is without a doubt our weak link.

Aramis is a horrible defensive 3B, his fielding is bad on a slow infield and his throws are only saved by a gold glove first baseman. As for Mora and Blalock, I would take either one over Crede any day of the week of course.

Randa also has the dreaded "intangibles" that Crede doesn't have. He rarely strikes out, he can bunt, he can hit to the right side, etc. All things you need a 8th or 9th place hitter to do. It's been long enough, Crede has had plenty of chances and it's not like he's 23 or 24. If you get a chance to move Crede for Randa straight up, do it, IMHO.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
He's not far from his career numbers at all.  He's 35.  Like someone else said, he has a better range factor and fielding percentage than Crede.

The Reds are in a selling mode right now.  Randa is not a big name, he's not going to require any good prospects.  If the deal can't be made straight-up, it would probably only cost us one fairly decent prospect.  Randa makes 2.15 million this year and Crede makes 400,000.  The Reds will probably want to drop that money, and that's hardly a big contract for us to take on.

Its going to cost a prospect, no team would just take that trade straight up.

Im just saying, that as far as improving the team, there are other areas that we could readily improve if you want more hitting.  Im just saying that our #8 and #9 hitters arent the problem if you are looking for more offense.  Every team in the league has less offense at the bottom of the order.  Adding Joe Randa doesnt rank at the top of my list.

As for adding players, and ideas.  If we get to the All-star break or later, and we think that this is the year that we are going to make a run for the whole damn thing, then we should trade the farm, and I mean give up anything for an all-star, but at this point, with the best record in the MLB, adding Joe Randa doesnt seem like much to me.

CrackrockRaines, every other weak spot in the line-up is filled by a guy that has actually experienced offensive success in the major leagues, save for wherever Crede is batting on that particular day. There is a reasonable expectation that they will all hit at some point this season, again, exept for Crede. His stellar fielding doesn't make up for his .302 career on-base-percentage.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Randa also has the dreaded "intangibles" that Crede doesn't have.  He rarely strikes out, he can bunt, he can hit to the right side, etc.  All things you need a 8th or 9th place hitter to do.  It's been long enough, Crede has had plenty of chances and it's not like he's 23 or 24.  If you get a chance to move Crede for Randa straight up, do it, IMHO.

I like this guy^

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Im just saying, that as far as improving the team, there are other areas that we could readily improve if you want more hitting.  Im just saying that our #8 and #9 hitters arent the problem if you are looking for more offense.  Every team in the league has less offense at the bottom of the order.  Adding Joe Randa doesnt rank at the top of my list.

As for adding players, and ideas.  If we get to the All-star break or later, and we think that this is the year that we are going to make a run for the whole damn thing, then we should trade the farm, and I mean give up anything for an all-star, but at this point, with the best record in the MLB, adding Joe Randa doesnt seem like much to me.

3rd basemen historically are not the number 8 or 9 hitter. However because its Crede and he cant hit he is put down there.

This offense needs consistancy through the lineup. All of the hitters that are struggling at least have some history of hitting good. Crede however does not. His bat is slow and he is a rally killer. Drop him for a bucket of baseballs and call it a day. Get someone Polanco/Randa/etc anyone that can hit above 240.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Aramis is a horrible defensive 3B, his fielding is bad on a slow infield and his throws are only saved by a gold glove first baseman.  As for Mora and Blalock, I would take either one over Crede any day of the week of course.

Trust me, there's not another person on this board who hates the Cubs more than I do. However, Aramis is not nearly as bad of a fielder as he used to be. His fielding pct right now is .001 higher than Crede actually. I'd say Crede's defense is a little bit better....but not nearly as much as it was a few years ago.

Guest JimH
Another ignorant post by a blind fan.

Ok, let's see ...

From today only, we've heard "ignorant", "moron", "s***head", and "you're really dumb, keep working on that GED".

What's next, "f***tard" and "asswipe"?

EDIT: Sorry, missed "crackrockraines".

Hello Moderator?

Hello Moderator?

Edited by JimH