Jokers Wild

southsideirish71

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I am just shocked that some people wouldn't trade Crede for Randa.  There is no way that the supposed downgrade in defense from Crede to Randa outweighs the huge upgrade in offense from Crede to Randa.

You'd think that Crede won a gold glove...or that he doesn't make dumbass mistakes way too often for a "stellar" defender.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All speculation though.  When it comes down to it, if you are the Reds GM, and your team is floundering, and your fan base is turning against your moves the past two years, do you make a trade straight up, and how does that help your club.  You are taking Crede, who has Bora$$ as his agent, and has not performed well in the majors.  Or you could hold on to Randa until the end of the year when a contender will give up alot for a good 3B and a bat going in the stretch run.  It doesnt make sense to me.  We are going to have to agree to disagree.  Because I think, if KW makes a move, its going to be a big one that DRASTICALLY helps the club.

I think trading Crede for Randa would DRASTICALLY help our team. Crede was a hole in the lineup last season and he appears to be the same this season.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
All speculation though.  When it comes down to it, if you are the Reds GM, and your team is floundering, and your fan base is turning against your moves the past two years, do you make a trade straight up, and how does that help your club.  You are taking Crede, who has Bora$$ as his agent, and has not performed well in the majors.  Or you could hold on to Randa until the end of the year when a contender will give up alot for a good 3B and a bat going in the stretch run.  It doesnt make sense to me.  We are going to have to agree to disagree.  Because I think, if KW makes a move, its going to be a big one that DRASTICALLY helps the club.

The Reds have had all sorts of problems at 3rd base over last few years. Brandon Larson was supposed to be their 3rd baseman for the decade, but he was a massive bust. I'm willing to bet they would jump at the chance of hopefully making adjustments to Crede, and letting him be their 3rd baseman for the next 8 years. I'm guarantee that the main reason Crede hasn't been traded, and likely will not be, is that KW doesn't want to get rid of him.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
I am just shocked that some people wouldn't trade Crede for Randa.  There is no way that the supposed downgrade in defense from Crede to Randa outweighs the huge upgrade in offense from Crede to Randa.

I agree that it might be an overall upgrade to Randa from Crede. But I would take alot of players in the MLB over some of ours. Uribe looks like s*** lately, and Dye has been dead all season. But i dont think that KW would make this trade, I think if he is going to trade a starter and a staple in the clubhouse for years, then its going to be a bigger trade than that. I also dont think that the Reds would do that either, but its my opinion, I would cheer for whoever is in the sox uniform.

Guest JimH

The Reds GM would in a heartbeat. Ken Williams wouldn't. Draw whatever conclusions you want.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
I think trading Crede for Randa would DRASTICALLY help our team.  Crede was a hole in the lineup last season and he appears to be the same this season.

I think people have their hopes up way too high for a deal to get someone like Chavez. Based on salary, who we'd have to trade, and performance to date, a guy like Randa or Mackowiak would be a MUCH better option for us to trade for. For everyone wanting the Sox to trade for a high-priced guy like Chavez........if we got him, we'd have a nice 1b making like 750k next year. Can you say Ross Gload or Travis Lee?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
The Reds have had all sorts of problems at 3rd base over last few years.  Brandon Larson was supposed to be their 3rd baseman for the decade, but he was a massive bust.  I'm willing to bet they would jump at the chance of hopefully making adjustments to Crede, and letting him be their 3rd baseman for the next 8 years.  I'm guarantee that the main reason Crede hasn't been traded, and likely will not be, is that KW doesn't want to get rid of him.

Well after him getting the batting cage, working all offeason to work on his swing, having "well documented" issues with being stubborn and resistant to change. And the fact that the whitesox used the number 1 pick for a 3rd baseman. I dont think that Joe Crede is on the magical 3 year board in KW office.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
But i dont think that KW would make this trade, I think if he is going to trade a starter and a staple in the clubhouse for years.

Since when has Crede been considered a leader on our team? I would imagine that everyone on the Sox would understand if we traded for a different 3rd baseman. They see the same ABs that we do every night.

I agree that it might be an overall upgrade to Randa from Crede.  But I would take alot of players in the MLB over some of ours.  Uribe looks like s*** lately, and Dye has been dead all season.  But i dont think that KW would make this trade, I think if he is going to trade a starter and a staple in the clubhouse for years, then its going to be a bigger trade than that.  I also dont think that the Reds would do that either, but its my opinion, I would cheer for whoever is in the sox uniform.

Staple in the clubhouse? Crede is a scrub that shows no emotion when he is playing. Maybe if he wasn't half asleep during his AB's he would get a hit every now and then. The guy is a lifeless slug.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Well after him getting the batting cage, working all  offeason to work on his swing, having "well documented" issues with being stubborn and resistant to change.  And the fact that the whitesox used the number 1 pick for a 3rd baseman. I dont think that Joe Crede is on the magical 3 year board in KW office.

Im pretty sure he has printed out the programs with Josh Fields in at 3B after next year. If only he was raking right now......

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Well, the question you guys have to ask is...

Does the difference between Randa's bat and Crede's outweigh the difference between Randa's glove and Crede's?  I think it does.

A subsequent question needs to be asked as well: Is Joe Randa even bad defensively? From what I can tell, he's a very nice fielder.

For the record, I would welcome him with open arms. In a lineup dominated with pull hitters, a smart player like Randa would be terrific.

He's 35 and on a one-year deal, so I doubt it would take very much to get him.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
A subsequent question needs to be asked as well: Is Joe Randa even bad defensively? From what I can tell, he's a very nice fielder.

For the record, I would welcome him with open arms. In a lineup dominated with pull hitters, a smart player like Randa would be terrific.

Lets say this goes through. What in the hell do we do next year in the hot corner?? Fields is NOT ready.

Guest JimH
The reds are trying to clear payroll. 

Crede as a B prospect gets it done.

Let me be a little clearer ...

The White Sox would NOT trade Crede straight up for Joe Randa, as much as you guys would like to see it happen.

If there's a deal to be made with Cincy, the Reds are the ones who'd have to add something other than Randa to the trade.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)

You hit that one on the head. Not only is this guy have some good pop. He also doesnt pull the ball like a mad man. Another GRINDER in our lineup.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Let me be a little clearer ...

The White Sox would NOT trade Crede straight up for Joe Randa, as much as you guys would like to see it happen.

If there's a deal to be made with Cincy, the Reds are the ones who'd have to add something other than Randa to the trade.

Knowing the reds, and their needs, we would have to float a pitcher in there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Lets say this goes through.  What in the hell do we do next year in the hot corner?? Fields is NOT ready.

I am sure that Randa has another year in him enough for Fields or someone else to come in.

Lets say this goes through.  What in the hell do we do next year in the hot corner?? Fields is NOT ready.

Trade for Randa. ;)

Or just sign a veteran 3rd baseman to a 1-year deal with a team option for a 2nd year. Depending on whether or not Fields is ready, they could choose to pick up the option or buy the veteran 3rd baseman out.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)

You really think we're going to resign Crede or go to arbitration with him? Not a chance in hell right now, especially with Boras as his agent.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)

REalizing of course that we are only in May, but here are your contenders currently: Sox, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Angels, Texas, Braves, Nationals, Mets, Brewers, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, D-BAcks. You can cross off the Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Texas, Braves, Mets, Cardinals, and D-Backs simply because they have better players at third. That leaves the Sox, Twins, Blue Jays, Angels, Nationals, Brewers, Dodgers, and Giants. Now, cross off the Blue Jays, and Nationals because they've invested in third basemen already this year. Sox, TWins, Angels, Brewers, Dodgers and Giants left. The Brewers and Twins aren't likely to add any salaries or give up any real prospects, so now it's the Sox, Angels and Dodgers. The Angels are probably out, because they'll focus on more power bats, so this big market is realistically down to 2 teams.

Staple in the clubhouse?  Crede is a scrub that shows no emotion when he is playing.  Maybe if he wasn't half asleep during his AB's he would get a hit every now and then.  The guy is a lifeless slug.

Hey, Crede shows emotion. After every pop-up he disgustingly flings his bat aside, as if to say, "f***ing bat, how could you betray me like that?"