GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

i know i'm late, but walker has no business pitching in that situation, or being on this team at all.

i usually stick up for ozzie, but this is inexcusable..........wtf

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marte hasn't been pitching well either. 2 straight days he lost a lead. Both were really unlucky. So what....use Politte. His job is to relieve. So what if he has pitched 2 days in a row, its his job! And look, Hermy hasn't pitched in a while. WTF!

WHAT THE f***......NOW VIZ WANTS TO GET IN ON THE SUCKINESS...f*** YOU ALL!

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
You look at the Twins and they somehow always find good relief and Gardy always puts them in good situations.  How else can Terry Mullholland and Matt Guerrier have jobs and you look at us who haven't had a good pen in years.

Minny's bullpen is awesome.

Nathan, Crain, Romero, and Rincon are all very, very good.

QUOTE(valponick @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
I can honestly say that I think this was Guillens worst decision so far this year.  This has the potential to cause a huge momentum change for this team.  Instead of going for the win and sweeping a top AL team you bring in your worst pitcher, why?  I think something like this can really take the air out of a team and cause problems, I hope that's not the case but it just has that feeling.

you know, it's kind of reminiscent of that series with the yankees two years back when we absolutely destroyed them in the first two games, and instead of stepping on their throats, started cotts for the third game...2 out of three isn't bad

Edited by zirc

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Any reason why they didn't walk Molina to get to Kotchman and set up the DP???

Because Viz is incapable of getting outs....no need to put people on without trying.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
Minny's bullpen is awesome.

Nathan, Crain, Romero, and Rincon are all very, very good.

Gardenhire also does a great job at putting his bullpen in a position to succeed. Their pen almost always starts the inning, instead of coming in when a pitcher gets in trouble.

i never b**** about ozzie. tonight i have too. why the do you bring in walker in a one run game against a team like the angels? i could see bringing in walker in a 10-2 game. then he go's ahead and brings in a another pitcher who is very bad right now. i just dont get it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
How much could $2.4 million or so help at the break?  Because that's about how much money that this team wasted this offseason on bad contract, IMHO.  Seven figures for Timo and Davis each, and then an extra $400K to Kevin Walker to come up and suck.

*425,000. :P Anyway, i agree 100% I believe people were telling me it was worth a shot to see what walker could do. Then i said it was not worth wasting 425,000 k on him ''to see what he could do''. If we come up a couple million short we know who to thank.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
what we don't have is a 2 inning guy who could get you to Hermy.  The Twins have Rincon, we have Viz.  Our bullpen will be the downfall if we don't make the playoffs.

that's what the trade deadline is for.

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
Not funny.

I believe it is. People were telling me all off-season that this teams pen is gonna be ''great'', ''awesome'', and 'really deep'' I said no way in hell and i will be bumping a few threads around the all-star game and the end of the year to make some comparisons.