*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(supernuke @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
How do you know that May is a slump. Maybe he was playing over his head in April and the May numbers are the real Vinny Castila at 37.

He hit .347 in April. If that isnt playing above his head, I dont know what is

QUOTE(supernuke @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
How do you know that May is a slump. Maybe he was playing over his head in April and the May numbers are the real Vinny Castila at 37.

see my post about 3 pages back with his numbers for the last 5 years....

seriously theres no way i'd rather have a 37 year old castilla for a year than a 27 year old chavez for... well possibly more than a year, and at him playing like a stud instead of a washed up 37 year old (i know that means frank too, aka we dont need 2 of them on the team)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
So even though Harris' minor league numbers are very good and he was 3 for 9 with 1 HR and 3 RBI's with the Nationals, just because he was demoted so they could bring up Wil Cordero, Harris sucks?

I refuse to believe anyone could be that stupid.

All I will say is that a 25 year old(or about to be 25 if you want to get so damn technical) who gets demoted for Wil Cordero is not a hot prospect. Then again, that .952 Fielding % looks damn impressive.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
do yourself a favor and look up his stats before you type.  The guy is hitting around .330

That would be a downgrade defensively though, the knock on him is that he is actually a better outfielder than an IF

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
But he does NOT suck

in fact he does.

he started off last season hot too, and really tapered off. (i know because he was on a fantasy team)

this year is just the same thing, starting off hot but he'll come back down to earth.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
I want Chavez badly, very badly.

Why do all of you guys want Chavez?

Anyone that has shown a huge offensive drop the year baseball finally instituted a steroids testing program is highly suspect in my eyes. How do you know Chavez isn't going to take a Giambi-like dive??

Hey, I'd love a left-handed power-hitting 3B as much as all of you, but I wouldn't trade squat to get saddled with Eric Chavez's contract unless I knew he was legit, and right now I wonder.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Why do all of you guys want Chavez? 

Anyone that has shown a huge offensive drop the year baseball finally instituted a steroids testing program is highly suspect in my eyes.  How do you know Chavez isn't going to take a Giambi-like dive?? 

Hey, I'd love a left-handed power-hitting 3B as much as all of you, but I wouldn't trade squat to get saddled with Eric Chavez's contract unless I knew he was legit, and right now I wonder.

At this time any player with a huge dropoff in production is going to be suspected of Steroids. I think the fingerpointing shouldnt start until the season is over and the sample is more than 2 months.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
At this time any player with a huge dropoff in production is going to be suspected of Steroids. I think the fingerpointing shouldnt start until the season is over and the sample is more than 2 months.

Fine...I won't start finger-pointing either, but something has made his production plummet like a rock tumbling off a cliff for the early part of this year. Just because I won't point fingers doesn't mean I immediately want to give up our #1 and #2 prospects to get the guy.

That lineup just got Nick Swisher and Bobby Crosby back from the DL, so it has taken a step up. Jason Kendall has been down this year as well. If his problem is protection...that will fix itself pretty quick, and he should have a solid June.

If his problem is something else, and he has another month hitting .230 (or .170 like he did in April), then you really have to start asking questions. Especially if your team is thinking of making a trade for him.