*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
I'd rather trade Sweeney than Anderson, but it most likely wouldn't be what Billy Beane-o was looking for.

I would throw BMAC's ass on a plane so fast he wouldnt have time to think. We have other young arms, this is the year to make a push and Chavez can not only benefit us this year, but give us a better team next year, I say go for it, please please please KW

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
I would throw BMAC's ass on a plane so fast he wouldnt have time to think.  We have other young arms, this is the year to make a push and Chavez can not only benefit us this year, but give us a better team next year, I say go for it, please please please KW

I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the trade, I would just want to keep the prospect who's future looks more promising(which I think is Anderson). But If the trade came down to getting rid of BMAC or not, he should look for the next flight to Oakland cause HE GONE.

Edited by sayitanitso

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I would throw BMAC's ass on a plane so fast he wouldnt have time to think.  We have other young arms, this is the year to make a push and Chavez can not only benefit us this year, but give us a better team next year, I say go for it, please please please KW

And who would be our 5th starter when (not if) Hernandez goes down again?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)

to me thats the only snag...

but if it came to it, would you rather have a guy that can help you win every day, or a guy who might be able to help you win once every 5 days or so if one of our guys goes down

i know its likely that Duque goes down again... but it depends on the situation. if its just 2 weeks again to rest him, go with a 4 man rotation. if its longer, use cotts/adkins (ugh)/hermey? i dont know... but saying no to a deal based on possibilities when the things you would gain are definite... i think would be foolish.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)

Spot start hermy bring up Baj to mop up in his stead, Tracy, anyone. The positives of having a gold-glove masher at third far outweigh the negatives of having an ok 6th starter. At this point, from what I have seen of BMAC, hes ok when brought up, but through his two starts, he hasnt been exactly super.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Neal.. :D

That's probably what would happen...no green needed. That scares me. But then we could bring Walker back up for the bullpen...that would be great. Not sure if green needed there :banghead

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
BTW, I think trading BMAC to Oakland would benefit him as well, being that he is a flyball pitcher and gives up homeruns in hitters parks, playing in Oakland could make him stud material, and I think Beane knows that.

I'd bet high that Beane get's a bit stiff when he thinks of BMac pitching for the A's.. ;)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Spot start hermy bring up Baj to mop up in his stead, Tracy, anyone.  The positives of having a gold-glove masher at third far outweigh the negatives of having an ok 6th starter.  At this point, from what I have seen of BMAC, hes ok when brought up, but through his two starts, he hasnt been exactly super.

Wow that is even scarier, then who closes?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)

Baj, Cliff, Damaso, just like now without Hermy, it would be probably for only one or two starts, not a big deal.

Plus you know that the plus's of having Chavez outweighs having an ok 6th starter so this isnt much of an argument to me.

"With Oakland already buried in the AL West basement, Chavez is there for the taking. And he wants out of Oakland so bad that he’s the one who apparently is fueling the trade rumor to the Sox."

He wants out...that sounds to me like he wants out, like I said earlier. Some people jumped on me for saying that. :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
I'd bet high that Beane get's a bit stiff when he thinks of BMac pitching for the A's..  ;)

He didn't have that same feeling when he was dealing Tim Hudson and Mark Mulder. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
"With Oakland already buried in the AL West basement, Chavez is there for the taking. And he wants out of Oakland so bad that he’s the one who apparently is fueling the trade rumor to the Sox."

He wants out...that sounds to me like he wants out, like I said earlier.  Some people jumped on me for saying that. :D

I don't think it's because he's "jumping ship" though.. I think it's because he realizes that he's not going to be part of the furture there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
Baj, Cliff, Damaso, just like now without Hermy, it would be probably for only one or two starts, not a big deal.

Plus you know that the plus's of having Chavez outweighs having an ok 6th starter so this isnt much of an argument to me.

I really doubt they're going to take Hermanson out of the closer's role, especially with his back problems.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)

He wants out...that sounds to me like he wants out, like I said earlier.  Some people jumped on me for saying that. :D

more news on this... this is from buster olney in his espn mag weblog...

"There are rumblings of a big White Sox-Oakland trade in the making, with Eric Chavez in the middle of it. And Scot Gregor renders an opinion on the possibility. The best thing about Chavez landing with the White Sox is that Chicago already has an established clubhouse hierarchy, and Chavez wouldn't be expected to do anything more than fit in. It would make sense for Billy Beane to deal Chavez now, before his value dips any lower and people start to wonder if his malaise is going to continue and whether he's worth the $10 million annual salary. "

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
I really doubt they're going to take Hermanson out of the closer's role, especially with his back problems.

just speculation, I would rather go with a 4 man or bring someone else up, but I dont care what happens as long as Chavez replaces crede.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)

see what i dont understand is why garland isnt pitching tomorrow. thats how you get a guy like duque some rest, take ADVANTAGE of the off days... oh well its ozzie.

in any case there are plenty of guys who could close, also i'd much rather have a guy who can help us win every day over one that helps once every 5-6 days

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)

Is it uncommon for good players to want out of bad teams?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
just speculation, I would rather go with a 4 man or bring someone else up, but I dont care what happens as long as Chavez replaces crede.

4 man.. :o

I'm not comfortable with that at all..