CBS Sportsline update on Sox all-stars

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
No love for Pod Squad? :headshake

Pods isn't the kind of guy that they'd want on an all-star team from the OF. I'm sure they're looking for a real masher/HR guy out there in LF, rather than a run producer/base stealer.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Pods isn't the kind of guy that they'd want on an all-star team from the OF.  I'm sure they're looking for a real masher/HR guy out there in LF, rather than a run producer/base stealer.

Oh I know. I just take every chance I get to show off my homerism to the guy. :drink

The AS game is a nice exhibition, and I'm sure the players appreciate the recognition, but to be honest, it wouldn't bother me a bit if deserving Sox players missed out. I'd rather see them having the complete three day weekend than playing in a virtually meaningless game.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
figures..in just about every category a bo sox player is within the top 3 at his position bellhorn over gooch??? u f***in kiddin me with that s***ty ass 240 AVG..ridiculous sure the all star game of for the fans but s*** like this really gets 2 me some fans are just clueless

With fans selecting the starters, two things outweigh current performance in the balloting: Popularity and last year's performance. Since the Red Sox won last year, it's to be expected that their players would do well in AS voting.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Well Just if anyone was interested here are the early votes for the AL.....

AL Early Vote Counts

Mostly what is expected out of all-star voters....

BIG FRANK MADE THE LIST!!! haha

I really dont see how they got Gooch goin unless Francona is gonna be a nice guy

The entire country of Japan will be voting for him.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
The entire country of Japan will be voting for him.

Doesnt Look like anyone in the country has voted yet.......voting started over a month ago if people in Japan were all voting for him he would at least be in the top 5