Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

One run lead in the 7th and he brings in Kevin Walker???????????

Seriously, what are we trying to do here?

Hand them the damn game?

Every bonehead move is worse than the previous one.

THis is just flat out horrible.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it safe to say that Ozzie's having the worst managerial weak in the history of the Sox? The funny thing is that we're 2-0 this week. I know a lot of people talk about how good our record would be if we had better hitting. I'm thinking that our record would be even better if we had a good, or even average, manager.

i usually stick up for oz, but today this is absolutely ridiculous.

no sane man would ever put kevin walker, a rarely used useless relief pitcher into a 1 run game in the 7th......ever.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
i usually stick up for oz, but today this is absolutely ridiculous.

no sane man would ever put kevin walker, a rarely used useless relief pitcher into a 1 run game in the 7th......ever.

No one can defend this type of stupidity.

I don't get using Walker to start that inning at all. You don't use a guy who hasn't pitched in 12 days and is the last man out of your pen in a one run game. I would much rather see them start the inning with Shingo or Vizcaino and then use Walker in a key situation.

QUOTE(UC76 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Well, let's take it easy, fellas. I wouldn't want to "burn" Ozzie just yet. We still have the best record in baseball. He's still young and learning. Relax.

i'm pretty sure on your first day on the job, you learn not to put in rarely used relief pitchers into 1 run games.

this isn't a "maybe it will work" situation.

Lets see what Ozzie has f***ed up tonight:

- Started Timo at 1b

- Benched Iguchi for the 2nd time in 4 games

- Let Kevin Walker, a reliever who hasn't pitched in over a week, start the 7th when we're up one against top of Angels order.

- Left Walker in to give up 4 base runners to first 5 hitters he faced, with the only out being a deep fly out.

- Pitched to McPhereson, who's swing great lately, instead of walking him to face the slowest hitter in the majors, Molina...in a definitely double play situation.

- Pitched to Molina with first base open when a guy who was recently called up from the minors was up next (and ended up hitting into a DP).

There's absolutely no excuse for this.

This isn't a learning thing for Ozzie.

You don't learn that you don't put in Walker with a 1 run lead. You don't learn that you don't take him out when he is having ZERO control and has 1st and 2nd or 3rd and no outs.

That is common sense! Everyone on this message board is saying the same thing: Walker shouldn't have started the inning, or Walker should have been pulled when he let the first two guys get on base. If everyone on this message board is saying, why can';t it be common sense for Ozzie too???

Ozzie is just a complete and udder moron, and it's that simple. Kenny needs the perfect bullpen for Ozzie not to f*** us over like this.

If we win today, that's what... all 3 games this series we would have won despite our manager handing the other team runs???

Edited by YahtzeeSox

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
Lets see what Ozzie has f***ed up tonight:

- Started Timo at 1b

- Benched Iguchi for the 2nd time in 4 games

- Let Kevin Walker, a reliever who hasn't pitched in over a week, start the 7th when we're up one against top of Angels order.

- Left Walker in to give up 4 base runners to first 5 hitters he faced, with the only out being a deep fly out.

- Pitched to McPhereson, who's swing great lately, instead of walking him to face the slowest hitter in the majors, Molina...in a definitely double play situation.

- Pitched to Molina with first base open when a guy who was recently called up from the minors was up next (and ended up hitting into a DP).

There's absolutely no excuse for this.

I must agree with this.....He needs to go home and get some action or something....his brain is f***ing elsewhere

uhhh, Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie. Kevin Walker?! what are you thinking? :angry:

he might as well have gone with marte since he isnt as rusty. Definately send down Walker on Friday. As for Vizcaino, send this useless guy down to the minors where he belongs! Bring up Adkins already. This bullpen is becoming more and more like the cubs pen with the exceptions of Politte, Cotts, and Hermy. This is disturbing seeing as we will be depending on the bullpen to keep us in the game this season. :headshake

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
uhhh,  Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie.  Kevin Walker?! what are you thinking? :angry: 

he might as well have gone with marte since he isnt as rusty.  Definately send down Walker on Friday.  As for Vizcaino, send this useless guy down to the minors where he belongs!  Bring up Adkins already.  This bullpen is becoming more and more like the cubs pen with the exceptions of Politte and Hermy.  This is disturbing seeing as we will be depending on the bullpen to keep us in the game this season.  :headshake

Jon Adkins - 2-4 6.93 ERA

Jeff Bajenaru - 1-1, 1.05 ERA, 2 HR's in 24 games