66 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• WNBA Championship in your city
    • Five Bucks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I think I would actually pay five dollars to ensure the WNBA would be omitted from the sports sections in the papers.

haha, it might be enough money to buy out the team and sell it for more ;)

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I think I would actually pay five dollars to ensure the WNBA would be omitted from the sports sections in the papers.

I was just going to type the same thing. Hearing about that s*** over and over wouldn't be worth the five bucks.

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I would take the white sox championship over the 100,000 but catch the next flight to vegas and put everything i own down on the sox winning the world series then get more than 100,000 and the championship  :D

genius

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
I would take the white sox championship over the 100,000 but catch the next flight to vegas and put everything i own down on the sox winning the world series then get more than 100,000 and the championship  :D

Haha. Damn, how did no one else think of this? That would definitely be the way to go. :gosox3:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Absolutely no doubt about it: A White Sox Championship.

It's only money. I really don't care about money a whole lot. I have enough of it and will have enough of it later in life. Happiness>>>>>>Money.

Money= happiness no?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
NO.

I don't understand some people and their greedy obsession with money.

I don't understand people that don't care about money or waste it like fools either. Of course people now say sure they would take a white sox championship over 100,000k. I don'r care what anyone says now they would think twice about a championship over the money. If someone did walk up to you and say 100,000k or a white sox championship i have a feeling 99% of people would say the money and that doesn't mean they are not a loyal or die hard fan. There are tons and tons of reasons why the money could be needed. I know i could use it for a s*** load of things myself... and when i say i could use i mean i need.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
I don't understand people that don't care about money or waste it like fools either. Of course people now say sure they would take a white sox championship over 100,000k.  I don'r care what anyone says now they would think twice about a championship over the money. If someone did walk up to you and say 100,000k or a white sox championship i have a feeling 99% of people would say the money and that doesn't mean they are not a loyal or die hard fan. There are tons and tons of reasons why the money could be needed. I know i could use it for a s*** load of things myself... and when i say i could use i mean i need.

I guess I'm one of the 1%. I wouldn't even think twice about it, I'd take the championship. I guess I'm blessed with the capabilities to make money/not be worried about it. Money is a small part of my life. I spend it on insurance, gas, and food. Having the White Sox win a championship would be unbelievable.

Damnit. I was going to post this in the other thread but it got locked as I was typing... :angry:

---

Assuming it's safe to post about the original topic...

I would take the money. No question about it.

I don't "live and die" White Sox baseball, and that is not a knock on anyone who feels that way, but I do consider myself a huge, loyal fan.

It's still just a game, and sports are filled with owners, managers, and players who treat it like a business. If most of them would rather take the money too, then I don't see why I shouldn't either. The money has the potential to have a much greater positive impact on my life.

Ask a loyal Red Sox fan just how different their life is after a championship.

Anyways, that's my take.

---