Official Draft Talk Thread

farmteam

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that anyone really cares but I just watched RHP Michael Bowden pitch again tonight as his team advanced to the super sectionals.

He went 5 IP with 5H and 1 ER

Easily his worst outing of the year as he served up a 360 ft homer for the ER.

Anyone have any projections where he will go?

I was thinking Compensation/Early 2nd?

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Man I'm going nuts waiting for BA to put out their final projection tonight. This is getting ridiculous.

Ya, I got my alarm set for early AM. Hoping that I'll have an email saying FS is back up. That probably won't happen, but I'm still gonna laze out like a bum for the entire draft (last year I was in school for this day, not this time...WOOT).

God I can't wait.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm gonna be at work listening to the draft yipee. There won't be any research from me until 3 atleast  :bang . I might just have to start researching at work though, I don't think I can hold out that long.

I love this being a bum. Since I finished up school (for the summer) I've been to work twice. I may go back in once more before starting up my internship on June 20th. Until than, Sox-Pads this weekend and than the following weekend in Chicago. WOOT

I really forgot how great it was to do nothing (well I'm busy doing something...just not work). :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:24 AM)
Just a quick poll.  Should we leave this thread here or move it to the main forum tomorrow?

I'd say just leave it here. If anyone wants to find out about who we drafted they can actually visit this forum since so few visit it anyway. But, either way, it will be fine.

this yr draft is so much up in the air for me, i can't quite get the feel for it.

beside the boras kids, i usually look for players who will or is rumored to fall b/c of signability. Is there any on the radar for any one???

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
Same here, I haven't gone to bed yet, and it is 9am here.

BA is sayin that teh sox will take Broadway over carillo or bogey. i just hope they arent overvaluing him based on his last 3 outings....btw my buddy who works for the tulane baseball team in teh press box says bogey always sports the new, old school 83 chisox hat....just thought it was an interesting note

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
BA is sayin that teh sox will take Broadway over carillo or bogey. i just hope they arent overvaluing him based on his last 3 outings....btw my buddy who works for the tulane baseball team in teh press box says bogey always sports the new, old school 83 chisox hat....just thought it was an interesting note

From BA;

Texas Christian righthander Lance Broadway, considered a consensus supplemental or second-round talent three weeks ago, has surged into the middle of the first round for several reasons. First and foremost, Broadway finished a stellar season--15-1, 1.62, with 151 strikeouts and just 35 walks in 117 innings--with three quality starts against regional opponents. He tossed back-to-back shutouts against No. 1 Tulane (a four-hit, 10-strikeout complete-game performance on May 20) and Southern Mississippi (6 IP, 9 SO), then beat Stanford on Friday with a six-hitter, giving up one run and striking out seven. Broadway is efficient, commands his average fastball well and has one of the draft's best curveballs. Polished college righthanders with a plus pitch are hard to find this year, and Broadway's recent efforts vaulted him past Miami's Cesar Carrillo and Massachusetts' Matt Torra as the top righty not represented by Scott Boras on most draft boards.