Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
The bullpen was handled properly.  If Cotts has control, he's probably more effective than any of our other relievers.  I am getting sick of our awful base running/bunting.  When's Ozzie going to learn that Crede can't bunt, and Uribe can't run the bases?

If Crede is going to hit .230 he had better learn how to bunt. Ozzie should keep making him bunt until he gets it.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
Can someone please post our record in the final games of series we've played in so far this year, to put a little more "stock" in this Ozzie in the 3rd game thing.

We are 8-11 in the final game of a series. 5-7 when we are going for the sweep.

Can someone do some more intensive research to see the line-up changes on those days?

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
We are 8-11 in the final game of a series. 5-7 when we are going for the sweep.

Can someone do some more intensive research to see the line-up changes on those days?

thats some pretty s***ty stats

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Not really.

Well here is the scouting report on Randa

Hitting

Hitting from a relaxed stance, Randa makes good adjustments for situation and count, which helps him thrive in pressure situations. Although usually a patient contact hitter who uses the whole field, Randa will expand his strike zone and swing more aggressively in RBI situations. He can bunt or hit behind runners as the situation requires , but he's prone to chasing high fastballs when down in the count and his platoon differential gradually is becoming more pronounced. Randa rarely swings for the fences; he's at his best when hitting the ball where it's pitched.

Thats the scouting report, plus years of watching randa hit situationally against the sox.

Hitting

Hitting from a relaxed stance, Randa makes good adjustments for situation and count, which helps him thrive in pressure situations. Although usually a patient contact hitter who uses the whole field, Randa will expand his strike zone and swing more aggressively in RBI situations. He can bunt or hit behind runners as the situation requires , but he's prone to chasing high fastballs when down in the count and his platoon differential gradually is becoming more pronounced. Randa rarely swings for the fences; he's at his best when hitting the ball where it's pitched.

Thats the scouting report, plus years of watching randa hit situationally against the sox.

who wants randa?? i remember when he was w/ KC, that smirk all the time on his face. for this reason alone he should never be considered to be traded for or brought in.

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
who wants randa?? i remember when he was w/ KC, that smirk all the time on his face. for this reason alone he should never be considered to be traded for or brought in.

That smirk is permanent. thats why they nickname him the joker, its just the way he looks.

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)

That makes sense. Lets not get a guy who can actually hit to play third because he smirks. While Joe and his dopey expression popsup over and over and over and over and over and hits 230.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
That makes sense.  Lets not get a guy who can actually hit to play third because he smirks.   While Joe and his dopey expression popsup over and over and over and over and over and hits 230.

why in the hell would you want to be rational about this,SS71?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)

Hitting

thank you ESPN.com ;)

I wasnt being serious, although I still hate Joe Randa and think he is a terrible option for this year and for the future. But we have already debated that one for a few days and we will never agree. He is rated as a "good" bunter though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Here's my lineup prediction:

- Ozuna, LF

- Iguchi

- Rowand

- Konerko

- Dye

- Crede

- Widger

- Uribe

- Hernandez

If Iguchi's back has been bothering him...I pretty much fully expect Ozzie to give Tad an extra day on the bench today. I look to see Harris (or maybe even Ozuna) at 2nd.

Tad's been struggling and his back has been tight...3 days off before heading to San Diego might just be the cure for that problem.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
whatever, i dont care what the line-up is, lets just win.    :gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :headbang

That's the f***in' attitude! If we win this game, I'll be extremely happy. I think I heard a stat that said the Rockies haven't been swept at home this year...it'd be nice to be the first team to do so, especially after we had all these fly ball pitchers going. Sweep the Rox and have a relaxing off-day.

BTW, I see you don't like Freddy Garcia very much.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
That's the f***in' attitude!  If we win this game, I'll be extremely happy.  I think I heard a stat that said the Rockies haven't been swept at home this year...it'd be nice to be the first team to do so, especially after we had all these fly ball pitchers going.  Sweep the Rox and have a relaxing off-day.

BTW, I see you don't like Freddy Garcia very much.

it would have been nicer of the stat read rockies havent been swept ever, that would be a feel good win

Guest JimH
harsh, haha, apparently i did something to burn some bridges here, just making sarcastic comments or bad jokes sometimes. you all are too serious!

Nice of you to come on here and within your first 10 posts, tell us all how we should act.

Maybe try reading, learning, and observing a little bit before you start telling people to lighten up, we're too serious, stating humor isn't allowed here, etc.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
Konerko needs a rest at least one game a week who else are we going to play at 1B

I think PK will be playing. He's been hitting well at Coors, plus there's an off-day tomorrow. I think Pods will get the day off, just my hunch. I think Ozzie will try and get Carl some PT. Also, Ozuna/Willie will be at 2B since Iguchi has a bad back and could use the back-to-back off days. Probably Ozuna, since the lefty is going. All right, enough managing. Let's sweep these f***ers and go to SD with 40 wins!!!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: