Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Thanks, dick.  I really don't know how the decisions go with regards to IP and ER.

i thought you were really asking myself. it's not really a funny joke if that's what you were going for. it's cool if you don't know.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(I_WANT_CHAVEZ @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
I dont think he was being sarcastic, but I wish he was, I am 13 and i know that.

Being nice is free. You should try it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
No, it's not unfortunately.  Like I said, I am bad with who gets decisions.  I should probably know that stuff since I've been watching for years, but I never pay attention until I see who actually gets the win.

Then it was a legitimate question. You did not deserve to be called stupid.

QUOTE(I_WANT_CHAVEZ @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
I dont think is was mean

See, I actually would say that tellling someone they asked the stupidest question ever would be mean and rude.

Kat's stats for May:

7.2 IP

10 H

5 ER/R

6 BB

9 Ks

ERA - 6.25

Now, his last May game was that abyssmal game vs Tex, which he gave up 4 runs and 4 hits in 1 inning of work, soooooo if that game didn't happen....

6.2 IP

6 H

1 ER/R

5 BB

8 Ks

ERA - 1.50

Those walks are just killing him. I've only seen him three times on TV so far, and his control looks way off. Just how much more of a leash will Ozzie give him?

QUOTE(I_WANT_CHAVEZ @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
if i was in his shoes i still would have known that ElDuque gets the win cuz hawk said that like 2 mins b4 he posted

Not all of us can listen to or watch the games. Some of us follow the games in these threads because we're out of towners.

QUOTE(I_WANT_CHAVEZ @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
the guy that posted it lived in chicago though

Okay, okay. It's just try and be kind to the people. This board is supposed to be fun, so please try and make it a good experience for everyone.

Why don't the Sox just move to Colorado lol? They might make more revenue! J/K...had to get it off my chest. Anyways...

tonight was a good win. 1st time the Rockies were swept this season, 1st team to 40 wins, El Duque became the 3rd 7-game winner on the Sox, and the bullpen was solid. I am concerened with what happened to Marte though.....any updates?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
First time swept at home.  I think they've been swept plenty of times on the road.  They're just awful there. :P

Well thats what I meant...... :P

:gosox3:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
4IP, 9H, 6ER, 1HR.

And yet, McCarthy remains the highest regarded pitcher within our system. Since Buehlre in 2000, which contributing pitchers have been developed? For a contending team not spending 100 million on payroll, this is terrible.

Once again, I have to question our organizations inability to produce pitching talent. Others may suggest McCarthy's current situation is an aberration; perhaps cite Charlotte's small dimensions. But his last several starts have been bad. I realize he's young, and yet to fully develop (both physically and mechanically), but this trend of observing our perceived 'talent' being crushed is cause for concern.

It's sad when Sergio Mitre can outperform any pitcher from our minor leagues.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
And yet, McCarthy remains the highest regarded pitcher within our system.  Since Buehlre in 2000, which contributing pitchers have been developed? For a contending team not spending 100 million on payroll, this is terrible.

Once again, I have to question our organizations inability to produce pitching talent. Others may suggest this is an aberration; perhaps cite Charlotte's small dimensions. But his last several starts have been bad. I realize he's young, and yet to fully develop (both physically and mechanically), but this trend of observing our perceived 'talent' being crushed is cause for concern.

It's sad when Sergio Mitre can outperform any pitcher from our minor leagues.

He did well IMHO when he was called up. He get's sent back and pitches like s***. Maybe, just maybe, his case is that he pitches UP to the talent he faces? Maybe he is already MLB ready?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
He did well IMHO when he was called up. He get's sent back and pitches like s***. Maybe, just maybe, his case is that he pitches UP to the talent he faces? Maybe he is already MLB ready?

I was encouraged with his potential, but I didn't feel McCarthy pitched well. Obviously the drubbing in Texas, but even in the Cub game he gave up numerous hard hit outs.

He was a two pitch pitcher both games.

Increase velocity, develop other pitch, or else prepare yourself for the bullpen.