Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

Everett playing in that spacious outfield scares the crap out of me.  Why does it seem like Ozzie is making Pods into a platoon player?  We didn't trade a marquee power hitter to get a player who only starts against righties.

espicially when scotty hangs in there better than any of our other lefthanded hitters against southpaws

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't Ozzie just keep the same starting lineup just once when going for the 3 game sweep (changing catchers is ok). I really wonder if it's becoming a mental thing also with this team, where they dont get up as much for the final game of the series. Anytime you bench 3 starters for a game, there's going to be some type of letdown.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
I'm looking forward to seeing Ozuna play at Coors.

Yeah, with the high altitude, he might be able to get the ball out of the grass part of the infield on a fly. I'm ok with the fact Ozuna is playing tonight, but I hate that he's leading off with the pitcher in the 9 hole. Ozuna would be better served in a position where he could bunt a guy over or do a hit-and-run.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Another quick question:  Why is Dye batting behind Everett?  Dye's clearly been our best hitter lately.

Well, good job Carl! That was important to make up for PK's bat at-bat and the caught stealing.

Guest JimH

Everett is batting where he is because he has a knack for driving in big runs.

Right there is a perfect example of why this team does not want to trade Carl Everett in 2005. Let him leave as a free agent and get a draft pick, fine.

And right there is why you should be aggressive on the bases. Make the other teams make plays, put the pressure on them.

3-0 White Sox.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
Everett is batting where he is because he has a knack for driving in big runs.

Right there is a perfect example of why this team does not want to trade Carl Everett in 2005.  Let him leave as a free agent and get a draft pick, fine.

And right there is why you should be aggressive on the bases.  Make the other teams make plays, put the pressure on them.

Jim, there's no problem being aggressive with 2 outs. However, when you have an inexperienced base stealer trying to steal against a lefty with a good move, and no outs, that's not exactly "smartball". Also, Dye has easily become our most dangerous hitter at the plate.

Guest JimH
Jim, there's no problem being aggressive with 2 outs.  However, when you have an inexperienced base stealer trying to steal against a lefty with a good move, and no outs, that's not exactly "smartball".  Also, Dye has easily become our most dangerous hitter at the plate.

Run early in the game with no score, puts the defense back on their heels and says "we came to play". I have no problem with it, he's 30 years old, he has experience. Sometimes the defense makes the plays, the catcher made a nice throw.

Everett has more of a tendancy to put the bat on the ball, a good idea when hitting behind Konerko who's been striking out a lot this year.