Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like the typical 3rd game of the series after we won the first two games in the series. Any time you bench 3 starters, you're likely going to have a downgrade in ability on the field, both at the plate and on defense.

Guest JimH
Wow, where did I say that play was Ozzie's fault?  I just said that maybe Ozzie should lay off the aggressiveness a little overall.  That was Ozuna's fault all the way.  Inexcusable for the same player to get caught stealing twice in two innings....especially at Coors.

Fathom, you said Ozzie should tell all the players to just stay on the base.

That implies Ozzie should have done something there.

So should runners stay on the base when the count is 3 and 2? No.

There wasn't a damn thing Guillen could have done or said, your post indicated he should have said something.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
This looks like the typical 3rd game of the series after we won the first two games in the series.  Any time you bench 3 starters, you're likely going to have a downgrade in ability on the field, both at the plate and on defense.

We just expect it now. I never feel like we're going to win the 3rd game of a series.

Duque K's the catcher.

Guest JimH
Jeez Paul. Get in front of the F'ing ball. Knock it down.

I agree. Not a great off balance throw by Ozuna but he had a play. Konerko didn't help out the fielder. Tough play though, it happens.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
This looks like the typical 3rd game of the series after we won the first two games in the series.  Any time you bench 3 starters, you're likely going to have a downgrade in ability on the field, both at the plate and on defense.

And somehow I'm going to be glad in August and September that we gave away these games early because our lineup will be so fresh? This lineup policy is akin to a player dogging it on a grounder to keep himself fresh for his next AB.

Guest JimH

El Duque fighting back here. Two out.

It is early in this game, there will be offense tonite on both sides.

back to the jerry manuel era. it's ozzie's fault cause he put ozuna in the game. it's ozzie's fault cause he's got a hardon for ozuna and timo.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Fathom, you said Ozzie should tell all the players to just stay on the base.

That implies Ozzie should have done something there.

So should runners stay on the base when the count is 3 and 2?  No.

You have to know what I was trying to say. Of course you send the runner on 3-2, etc.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
Pablo f***ing Ozuna.  God damn it.

I still don't understand why we would bench Crede against a lefty in Colorado. He's been swinging pretty good lately, and he's obviously needed for his defense. Maybe this performance tonight will show people that we can't count on Ozuna to fill in all season at 3B or SS.

alright, here's the deal.

We all want crede benched.

Ozzie's seeing if ozuna can do the job.

It's an obvious negative.

If i hear one bad thing about ozzie putting him in I'm gonna scream, this is what you all wanted.