seriously, mods I don't get it.

Hideaway Lights

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENOUGH!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MODS, PLEASE PUT AN END TO THIS GARBAGE!

The recent influx of stupidity has single-handedly ruined the Soxtalk expierence.

I know you guys are doing the best you can, but boy-o-boy things are bad.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
ENOUGH!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MODS, PLEASE PUT AN END TO THIS GARBAGE!

The recent influx of stupidity has single-handedly ruined the Soxtalk expierence.

I know you guys are doing the best you can, but boy-o-boy things are bad.

just gotta try and ignore them for now.

Sorry to say this, but MOST of the new posters are garbage, possibly bandwagoners.

oh well.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
just gotta try and ignore them for now. 

Sorry to say this, but MOST of the new posters are garbage, possibly bandwagoners.

oh well.

Let's see, two regulars slinging s*** at a newbie without admonishment from the mods, despite the posted rules

yeah, this has gotta be soxtalk.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
Let's see, two regulars slinging s*** at a newbie without admonishment from the mods, despite the posted rules

if you dont like it, leave. ESPN has a board that might interestyou.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
I'm just sick of people slinging s*** at me for no f***ing reason and mods moving my threads because people start s*** with me.

This board does not welcome newbies at all.

Actually it does. Newbies have always been welcomed with open arms. I guess you're the exception.

I'm just sick of people slinging s*** at me for no f***ing reason and mods moving my threads because people start s*** with me.

Welcome to Soxtalk.. That is how it is here.. If you don't go along with what the majority is saying they jump down your throat. And what ever you do never ever, tell them the truth about a player or/coach or/GM.. on the Sox... Most here live in the MVP 2005 world..Its a sad state...

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Welcome to Soxtalk.. That is how it is here.. If you don't go along with what the majority is saying they jump down your throat. And what ever you do never ever, tell them the truth about a player or/coach or/GM.. on the Sox... Most here live in the MVP 2005 world..Its a sad state...

yeah, because KW is sitll the dumbest GM ever right?

we're the best team in baseball because of everything but the players he brought in?

give it up.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)

I believe the word you were looking for was debate. You know, what forums are made for.

Here is the deal the way I see it. When Soxtalk started, it was all people who basically knew and liked each other. The early growth of the site was all word of mouth growth to other people that the original people knew. Heck I got on here because of Mario talking about Soxnet, and never looked back. The problem has become the growth has been extended into strangers who have no attachment to each other, and there for have no feeling that they have to respect each other. It is easy to respect the people you already know and like, but when you don't know someone and they rub you the wrong way, it is easier to snap on them. And as we have grown the problem has only gotten more and more pronounced, to the point where not many people know each other, and the level of respect for each other has evaporated.

But don't worry. We as mods and admins have noticed the problem and have been all over it. We have been talking tons and have been trying to take actions ASAP to fix problems as they are happening, instead of waiting for things to get bad. Some of you have noticed the symptoms of this. There have been more threads closed, moved, and deleted than there every used to be. We have also been trying to send warnings to people to try to deflate situations quicker, and we have also had to suspend people.

We are serious about keeping this the premier place to post about the White Sox, but most of that lies in you all's keyboards. Do us a favor and think for a sec before you post. You might think something is stupid, but it really doesn't help much to have 6 posts declaring how stupid it is. It just mucks things up, and makes things look more chaotic. Just passover the bad posts, and posts in the quality threads and discussions. If someone wants to say something stupid, ignore it. If you feel the need to respond, stick to substantive responses. We have a few posters who are masters at this, and lately their posts have really stood out to me. Also there is never a need to call somebody a name, simply for making what you might view as a bad post. And finally if someone is out of line, report the post to us. PM one of us with a link, and we will take care of it.

Also remember though just because you don't see a big announcement of suspensions or warnings, doesn't mean it wasn't done. We try to keep things private as much as possible, to give the posters a level of respect and ananimity.

And finally keep up the good work guys. Despite the appearence of a decline, this is still the best Sox site on the net. There is such a collection of incredible knowledge and passion here, that it is unmatched anywhere. You guys are the ones who make this site, if you feel things aren't good, take it back from the problems.

Thanks guys

Mike

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)

I joined this year and I am fairly new to the board. People beat up on you in circumstances where it is somewhat warranted. How many threads have you started that lead to no real discussion? If you want to be a respectable poster on the board you have to go through the pains of being new, including getting ignored, having your opinion torn apart by stats and people not posting in your topics.

I have a decent amount of posts, and I like to think I contribute in some way to certain topics, but I still get my ass handed to me 90 percent of the time. Its a part of being new to a community of crabby ass sox fans.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)

If you're talking about me I'd like to know where I slung s*** at you...??

IMO it's stupid to predict losses.. and that's all I said. I suppose I could have called you a stupid idiot like I've seen a lot around here lately.. but I didn't.

And sorry if you feel you're being picked on but from what I hear (from the weekends which I can't attest to because I am rarely here Sat & Sun) there's been a lot of this crap lately..

Advice.. if you have an issue with a poster take it up with that poster. A public outcry doesn't do much.

SS'er :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Word to the wise on here as well, even if you get into long argument's with people on the board, try not to dwell on it, or take it too far. You never know when you will meet people on the board, and debating in person is way more fun that on the board, because it involves beers. :drink