Feliz to the Sox?

Cubs Suck23

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Giants to keep Pedro Feliz and try to trade us 3B/2B Edgardo Alfonzo?

Oh wait, Feliz can play 3B, SS, 1B, and the outfield. I guess Feliz would make more sense for us.

Edited by Jabroni

Hitting, Baserunning & Defense

Feliz once was an easy out, susceptible to offspeed pitches while trying to pull everything over the left-field fence. He still is a free swinger, but he now tries to go the opposite way and is better at recognizing offspeed pitches. He also has become a bit more patient, though he still strikes out too often. Defensively, he's become a solid first sacker. Third base is his natural position, and he could take over there full time when Edgardo Alfonzo moves on. The Giants started Feliz at shortstop for 14 games last season, but he's not a natural shortstop.

2005 Outlook

Feliz is on the verge of becoming a star. Look for him to receive more than 500 at-bats this season, mostly at first base in a platoon with J.T. Snow. Playing time and a little patience at the plate appear to be the only things keeping Feliz from realizing his immense potential.

Feliz is 4 years older than Crede, has a lower fielding % at 3rd and has a lower career obp. Would this even be a smart move for the Sox?

I guess I'm assuming that he would be mainly playing 3rd, maybe he will be platooning @ 1st, 3rd & OF?

Edited by Finkelstein

If he is taking at-bats away from JT Snow, then it would seem that Snow would be the one they would be trying to move. I wouldnt mind having Snow backup Konerko. A slick fielding first baseman cannot hurt.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
stats dont tell it all my friend..if u think crede is a better ballplayer than feliz ur smokin man :bang

I'm defintely not saying that Crede is a better player, but at what price will we have to pay to get this guy, who doesn't seem like a huge upgrade? Again, I don't know much about him, but his career numbers aren't that impressive.

If anyone knows alot about him, please fill me in.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
First of all:

Who would we trade for him?

Where would he play?

3b.....

You could propose Crede for him straight up.(Crede is a young, talented infielder meaning lots of trade value. It could be done.) I would have to look at the MI before making any more claims. I know they would have to put Edgardo somewhere.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Bullpen help, I would assume.  They have found out that LaChoke Hawkins doesn't have it anymore.

alright, so shingo takatsu could be a fit, or perhaps they would want kevin walker back :lol:

alright, so shingo takatsu could be a fit, or perhaps they would want kevin walker back  :lol:

I could see the Giants taking Everett and either Vizcaino or Shingo honestly. We would need Feliz because he can play 3rd base and 1st base. They would replace Feliz, who is currently playing LF, with Everett and get some more bullpen help hoping that either Vizcaino or Shingo could turn it around. Remember, Carl is 33 and the Giants love old guys. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
3b.....

You could propose Crede for him straight up.(Crede is a young, talented infielder meaning lots of trade value. It could be done.) I would have to look at the MI before making any more claims. I know they would have to put Edgardo somewhere.

I don't think you can trade Crede. He's an FA next year and his agent is Borass. Who would want a 227 hitting 3rd baseman with the most obnoxious agent in baseball history?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug09.html

KW is wary of making a trade.

DENVER -- General manager Ken Williams refuses to say he definitely will not make a trade before next month's deadline, but the prospect of making one makes him uneasy.

It seems that if the team with the best record in baseball makes a deal, it has the potential to do more harm than good.

''That's a good way to put it,'' Williams said. ''You have to tread carefully, I think, because there is such a connection among these guys and there is such a belief in one another, you run the danger as a general manager of stepping in maybe where you don't belong. Sometimes I think there is a time for you to be aggressive and try to initiate change for the better, and sometimes I think you have to hold back.

''I won't deny we're exploring all sorts of possibilities, but that's all they are. I'm not sure whether we should go down these roads.''

I just don't see Kenny trading for Pedro Feliz. It doesn't make one bit of sense. Reading KW's statements, it appears he would make a deal only if it was one he couldn't refuse. Pedro Feliz? Sorry, that's laughable.

I'm wondering whether the thread at WSI is in fact a rumor, or just something started by a Crede/Konerko hater.

I just don't see Kenny trading for Pedro Feliz. It doesn't make one bit of sense. Reading KW's statements, it appears he would make a deal only if it was one he couldn't refuse. Pedro Feliz? Sorry, that's laughable.

I'm wondering whether the thread at WSI is in fact a rumor, or just something started by a Crede/Konerko hater.

I don't see how it's "laughable." Crede is "laughable." If you don't think that Kenny is looking at all available 3rd baseman right now, you're nuts. How long do you think he is going to stick with a .229 hitting Crede? All of the f***ing Flubs' pitchers can hit for a higher average than that.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)

that just took away the smile on my face, but i agree, we wont get him but we have players that offer what they would need, it seems like every year we make a trade are team ends up doing worse in the second half, or at least we fall farther behind in the playoff race

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
No one else thinks that Alfonzo is worth a look-see?

3.5 mill + Alfonzo for Willie and a low SP minor leaguer might do it.

and throw in timo :rolly

Edit: when is the trade deadline

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
No one else thinks that Alfonzo is worth a look-see?

3.5 mill + Alfonzo for Willie and a low SP minor leaguer might do it.

so we can throw in some worthless players for a starting player?? come on. I dont see Feliz as an upgrade to Crede anyway, this team is built on pitching and defense people, stop trying to add instand offense, the trade has to also make sense for both team, why would the Giants want to get rid of some of their more productive players for less productive players, how does that benefit them?

I don't think the Sox would be willing to give up anything even slightly significant for Feliz.

Lets see:

Crede: .229 AVG, .300 OBP, .408, SLG, .708 OPS, Age: 27, Scoring Position: .821 OPS, 2005 Salary: $400,000

Feliz: .272 AVG, .309 OBP, .442 SLG, .751 OPS, Age: 31, Scoring Position: .658 OPS, 2005 Salary: $2,325,000

Seeing as how Feliz is older, more expensive and hasn't been exactly great at third base. Not to mention he's not a significant upgrade on offense. Giving up any real prospect for Feliz would be idiotic.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)

The thread was started by something said on XM Radio...