Wow

LDF

After a quick glance at the stats, he could be talking about Rowand, Konerko, Thomas and maybe Garland's poor pitching. Who knows. JM needs to show some balls and get this ship going in the right direction.

After a quick glance at the stats, he could be talking about Rowand, Konerko, Thomas and maybe Garland's poor pitching.  Who knows.  JM needs to show some balls and get this ship going in the right direction.

why does it have to be one who is in a slump?

he is talking about carlos lee for sure...after what steff and HSC have been telling us about a certian 2nd baseman and what val said about him in ST id be willing to wager he is close to the top of the list too..

konerko would probably be high on the list too...he just cant seem to get that ground balls to 3rd with runners on base arnt a good thing..thomas maybe on that list but from what ive seen eventhough frank isnt hitting he is getting on base at a great clip and when the situations call for it he is tryiong to go to RF..but it wouldnt surprise if frank wasnt his usual jovial self in the clubhouse either because of his poor numbers..

fire manuel and make jose player manager :D

he is talking about carlos lee for sure...after what steff and HSC have been telling us about a certian 2nd baseman and what val said about him in ST id be willing to wager he is close to the top of the list too..

konerko would probably be high on the list too...he just cant seem to get  that ground balls to 3rd with runners on base arnt a good thing..thomas maybe on that list but from what ive seen eventhough frank isnt hitting he is getting on base at a great clip and when the situations call for it he is tryiong to go to RF..but it wouldnt surprise if frank wasnt his usual jovial self in the clubhouse either because of his poor numbers..

fire manuel and make jose player manager :D

i like blackman with jose as a player/ asst manager.

I really dont like it when this guy talks. Im mad that the people hes talking about are slumping but its not his business. He should concentrate on his own play and let management deal with the Konerkos and the Garlands...

I think he IS concentrating on his own play and he's not playing too badly. Now, he figures, as a team leader, it's his job to call some people out. He said he tried it in the locker room and pretty much didn't get a reaction. Now he's trying it in the press.

Do I agree with going public? Probably not, but if it works and the Sox sweep Minnesota handily this weekend, I'll lie and say I thought it was a good idea all along. :)

I think he IS concentrating on his own play and he's not playing too badly. Now, he figures, as a team leader, it's his job to call some people out. He said he tried it in the locker room and pretty much didn't get a reaction. Now he's trying it in the press.

Do I agree with going public? Probably not, but if it works and the Sox sweep Minnesota handily this weekend, I'll lie and say I thought it was a good idea all along. :)

Last year PK went public against Thomas and we had a whole clubhouse nightmare. I dont want that to happen this year...

Last year PK went public against Thomas and we had a whole clubhouse nightmare. I dont want that to happen this year...

No.. it wasn't a clubhouse nightmare. It was a MEDIA nightmare. HUGE difference. Frank and Paul were NEVER on the outs.

No.. it wasn't a clubhouse nightmare. It was a MEDIA nightmare. HUGE difference. Frank and Paul were NEVER on the outs.

Well fine. PK still shouldnt have said anything. Thats the managers job. And since its obviously a job JM wont do, he should be fired...

Jose needs a case of shut the heck up.

When is he going to learn, clubhouse matters STAY in the clubhouse.

I don't care if what he says is good or not, tell it to your teammates not the freaking media.

I've never been a Jose fan, but I've tried and tried to come around to the guy. This year he's been alright offensively, horrible defensively.

If opponents ever listened to me and threw Jose all curves all the time, he'd hit .100 with a ton of strikeouts.

I like Jose and trying to lead, but when is he going to shut up.

Jerry Manuel is the wrong manager for this team. He has poisoned this team with his sleepy demeanor. They roll over after 6 innings, obviously, and nobody seems to take it personally except Valentin. Everybody says the same thing - "we're too good of a team for this to last, we'll be fine when it's all said and done", etc etc etc. I'm not seeing anyone DOING anything to change things except for Valentin.

I'm hoping that playing a team like the Twins, a team that they really have a problem with brings out the fire in these guys, but if that doesn't do it, I don't know what will. When you see your manager go out after one of the worst umpiring calls ever and NOT EVEN GET HIMSELF TOSSED OVER IT, that spreads a whole blanket of "I don't care" over the team. Manuel can't even get himself a token ejection one time for the team? Pathetic...

It's only April but it's later than you think...

I don't care if what he says is good or not, tell it to your teammates not the freaking media. 

I've never been a Jose fan, but I've tried and tried to come around to the guy.  This year he's been alright offensively, horrible defensively. 

If opponents ever listened to me and threw Jose all curves all the time, he'd hit .100 with a ton of strikeouts. 

Thank you! Clubhouse matters stay in the clubhouse. Tell PK or whoever but dont tell the freakin media! :nono

Critic hit it.

Manuel isn't the manager for a young team. He's the kind of manager for a team full of veterans that doesn't need motivation and doesn't ocassionally need a role model to look at (In a sense).

With Jerry he's not too emotional or anything along those lines, but he's very tame and not to motivating or demanding. He kind of expects things to get done. That works for a veteran team (Its Torre type style) but for a young team, they sometimes need a little kick in the ass and thats what Jerry can't do.

Backman would be a great pickup as would Valentine.

Doug Mientkiewicz might not be the most welcomed player at U.S. Cellular Field this weekend. The Twins first baseman said this year's All-Star Game should be moved out of the South Side ballpark after the April 15 incident in which a fan attacked an umpire.

After Sox general manager Ken Williams responded by saying Mientkiewicz wouldn't have to worry about being at the All-Star Game, Mientkiewicz fired back by saying, "Kenny who?"

:lolhitting

COMPLETELY different scenario.

Paul mentioned Frank by name.

Jose mentioned NO names.

The ones who are dogging it/getting down on themselves know who they are, and I hope they heed Jose's words and try to not waste this season.

COMPLETELY different scenario.

Paul mentioned Frank by name.

Jose mentioned NO names.

The ones who are dogging it/getting down on themselves know who they are, and I hope they heed Jose's words and try to not waste this season.

good point cluj

I've never been a Jose fan, but I've tried and tried to come around to the guy.  This year he's been alright offensively, horrible defensively. 

You're assuming Jose hasn't spoken up in the clubhouse. Maybe he has already, and the guys didn't listen. If that's the case, he has every right to go to the media with it as long as he doesn't mention anybody by name. Making general comments about the teams' shortcomings to the media just might be what this team needs.

I sure hope so.

Doug Mientkiewicz might not be the most welcomed player at U.S. Cellular Field this weekend. The Twins first baseman said this year's All-Star Game should be moved out of the South Side ballpark after the April 15 incident in which a fan attacked an umpire.

After Sox general manager Ken Williams responded by saying Mientkiewicz wouldn't have to worry about being at the All-Star Game, Mientkiewicz fired back by saying, "Kenny who?"

:lolhitting

I have no doubts he wont have to worry. Cuz he wont be there...