7.5 Game Lead

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
I would love for the Sox to win the AL Central but getting into the playoffs is the main thing..

If somehow the Twins over take us which i dont think they will..

The Sox have a 7.5 game lead on Texas for the Wildcard spot...

This is not said in anger so please don't take it that way...

I don't want to hear the phrase "wild card" when talking about this team unless the Twinkies pass us. It should not even be uttered.

There should be absolutely no one on this team who wants the Wild Card. This team right now is good enough to win this division, and we're going to have to start playing worse to get to the wild card. The Twinkies are playing their hearts out right now and are still 4 back.

There should be 1 goal and 1 goal alone for this team during the regular season, and that's to get that magic number down to zero. Anything less means that we let up and let the Twins pass us. Anything less means that we went into a slump. Anything less means that we are no longer the team to beat in the AL. Anything less means that someone else has home field advantage in the playoffs.

The phrase "wild card" should only be mentionned in the context of the Wild Card coming from the AL Central instead of the west. That is all.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
The Sox have a 7.5 game lead on Texas for the Wildcard spot...

They also have a 4.5 lead on Minnesota for 1st place!!!!

Wild Card Standings
Team          W   L   PCT GB 
Minnesota     35 23 .603 - 
Texas         32 26 .552 3.0  
Boston        32 27 .542 3.5  
Toronto       31 29 .517 5.0 
New York      29 30 .492 6.5 
Cleveland     28 30 .483 7.0 
Detroit       27 30 .474 7.5

Edited by robinventura23

Balta- I totally agree with you nobody on the Sox should think about the wildcard .. I believe we will the divison by 7 games..

Im just looking if somehow the Twins do overtake us we will have a playoff spot and thats the main thing because I think with our rotation and if KW makes this team better we will go to the World Series to play St.Louis IMO

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
They also have a 4.5 lead on Minnesota for 1st place!!!!

Wild Card Standings
Team          W   L   PCT GB 
Minnesota     35 23 .603 - 
Texas         32 26 .552 3.0  
Boston        32 27 .542 3.5  
Toronto       31 29 .517 5.0 
New York      29 30 .492 6.5 
Cleveland     28 30 .483 7.0 
Detroit       27 30 .474 7.5

I am happy that the Indians and the Tiggers are kinda barely alive for the wild card too. This will help when they play the twinkies since they will not roll over and die. Ofcourse that also means they will not die against us but we have proven that we can handle our division until now.....the twinkies have not proven that.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
Balta-  I totally agree with you nobody on the Sox should think about the wildcard .. I believe we will the divison by 7 games..

Im just looking if somehow the Twins do overtake us  we will have a playoff spot and thats the main thing because I think with our rotation and if KW makes this team better we will go to the World Series to play St.Louis IMO

who cares what lead we will have, nobody wants to see crap like this posted or a thread made about it,

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
who cares what lead we will have, nobody wants to see crap like this posted or a thread made about it,

This is part of the problem around here lately. If you don't like the thread, there is no reason at all to post in it. None. If everyone else feels it is a bad thread, it will drop off of the front page quickly. If you don't like the topic, there is no need to post that, as it only takes away from people who might want to discuss something.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
This is part of the problem around here lately.  If you don't like the thread, there is no reason at all to post in it.  None.  If everyone else feels it is a bad thread, it will drop off of the front page quickly.  If you don't like the topic, there is no need to post that, as it only takes away from people who might want to discuss something.

what can i say i just like arguing my point ;)

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
what can i say i just like arguing my point  ;)

If the point is that the thread is crap, then the post is crap, and we are trying to get people not to post stuff like that. All it does is muck up the threads. Just passover the thread if you don't like it. thanks :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
If the point is that the thread is crap, then the post is crap, and we are trying to get people not to post stuff like that.  All it does is muck up the threads.  Just passover the thread if you don't like it.  thanks :)

:cheers

Uh, guys, if we lose 4.5 games on the Twins, we'll probably lose a similar number of games on the Rangers, Red Sox, and others. So we'd be closer to 3-2 up for the WC.

Don't get too cocky. It's division or sitting out of the playoffs for us; we're not going to be able to beat the other WC contenders.

God this guy took a beating for just stating about the lead on the wildcard.. A 41/2 game lead on the Twins is nothing since its only early june... Anyone who thinks the Twins will just go away is fooling themselves..

We play the Twins 13 more times and if i remember correctly we had a 3 game lead on the MN a few years ago in the month of aug and blew it.. So whats wrong with the guy thinking about the wildcard.. If that whats gets us in the playoffs

anyone ignoring the wild card possibilities is in denial

Minnesota is having a great season too... finishing second in the division is a very real possibility.

stop pretending we're up by 15 games on Minn. whoever started this thread brings up something worth thinking about... i hadnt considered what our lead might be in wild card standings, and i'm glad to know it now.

Edited by Princess Dye