whose the most hated sox pitcher?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Wells - he was an asshole, he didn't want to be here, so he didn't try. That's gonna piss any fan off

Todd Ritchie - he sucked, period. Not a bad guy, just didn't get the job done.

Billy Koch - (see Todd Ritchie)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
At least Sirotka never did anything after we traded him.  I have a lot more hatred for Navarro.  What a tool, and he sucked for the Sox a lot longer than Wells did.

Navarro...by a wiiiiiiiiide margin.

I'd also put Scott Ruffcorn in there, supposed to be the second coming and turned out to be nuthin'.

not much to do with this topic, but im watching the cubs bosox game on mlb.com tv right now, and damn, arroyo is getting his ass kicked, its 7-1 cubs in the 3rd. as much as i hate the cubs, its good to have the team that, should the twins surpass us, we would contend w/ for the wildcard. for the first time in my life i have the urge to say...go cubs?!??

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
not much to do with this topic, but im watching the cubs bosox game on mlb.com tv right now, and damn, arroyo is getting his ass kicked, its 7-1 cubs in the 3rd. as much as i hate the cubs, its good to have the team that, should the twins surpass us, we would contend w/ for the wildcard. for the first time in my life i have the urge to say...go cubs?!??

I think it's funny that a lot of the Red Sox hitters have seen their power numbers go down this year (in the season of steroid testing). I was told by a MLB scout early last year that the Red Sox had a roster full of steroid abusers. This was said well before steroids became a big issue in baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
I think it's funny that a lot of the Red Sox hitters have seen their power numbers go down this year (in the season of steroid testing).  I was told by a MLB scout early last year that the Red Sox had a roster full of steroid abusers.  This was said well before steroids became a big issue in baseball.

Hmmm

Manny, Ortiz, Millar, Nomar(at the time he was on the BoSox), Varitek?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Hmmm

Manny, Ortiz, Millar, Nomar(at the time he was on the BoSox), Varitek?

Trot Nixon was always someone who people believed might have been on the juice. He put on like 30 lbs in the offseason one year. This same scout told me that an extremely high-profile player on the Red Sox is gay.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Novarro without question.  Although in his short (1/3 inning?) stint in 2003, I got to hating Paniagua about as much as anybody could become hated in that span of time.  He hasn't been heard from in MLB since, right?

cripes.

QUOTE(False Alarm @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
not as sexy as navarro or ritchie, perhaps, but this dude did an impressive job of pissing me off in his 5 minutes on the team:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/paniajo01.shtml

Who would have thought that one middle relief appearence could turnaround a whole season :crying