Sox @ Padres 6/11 Official Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:24 AM)
Yes they have.  Not only that, but Hermanson has pitched awful recently.  However, you can't fault Ozzie for going to his closer.  It's a sad day when Cotts might be our best reliever.

...when Cotts has been lights out? I fail to see how it's a sad day when our "best reliever" has been brilliant.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
I am still waiting for that great arm in right! :banghead

Someone was actually on here earlier defending his defense in RF. It's been nothing short of brutal this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
Obviously, you haven't been watching many Sox games.  Ozzie almost always refuses to use his back-up catcher in a game.  Also, no way Ozzie will put Frank into the field to play 1b.

ok so theres still ozuna and im sure everett can play 1b and timo

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
...when Cotts has been lights out?  I fail to see how it's a sad day when our "best reliever" has been brilliant.

Exactly, but who would have ever thought Cotts would be pitching so good? Cotts and Politte are our only reliable arms in the pen right now. Who would have ever thought that before the season?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)
Exactly, but who would have ever thought Cotts would be pitching so good?  Cotts and Politte are our only reliable arms in the pen right now.  Who would have ever thought that before the season?

Who cares? The fact that Cotts doesn't suck as much as you thought he would makes it a sad day?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
I bet Joe Nathan has no problem blowing the Dodgers away in the 9th inning of their game.  It was just a matter of time before Hermanson and his 87 mph fastball was going to slump.  We need a closer!

You can say that again.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
WHERE'S YOUR MESSIAH NOW?

Are you a Sox fan?

What the hell is that? So, instead of posting something of significance, you try to rub it in the posters' faces about a move Ozzie made?

And you're the one saying that DBAHO is only 8 years-old?

Pot, meet kettle.