Sox @ Padres 6/11 Official Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to keep Buehrle in the game. It just would have been nice to see a little creativity from our manager. It doesn't surprise me that Cora was the one who put on the butcher-boy play with Politte. A squeeze play with Pods should have been implemented in that situation.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
what kind of dumbass question is that?  men on 1st and 3rd.  YOU PINCH HIT.  unless your guy is pitching a no hitter.  you're only up 1 run

mark is dominating this team.

mark has made contact in his 2 previous AB's today.

there was no outs, even if you fail, you expect scott to pick him up.

no way you take mark out of this game.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
what kind of dumbass question is that?  men on 1st and 3rd.  YOU PINCH HIT.  unless your guy is pitching a no hitter.  you're only up 1 run

Ok so who pitches the 8th and 9th? Hermy pitched last night, and hasn't been on fire lately. Let Buerhle finish it off.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:57 AM)
Ok so who pitches the 9th? Hermy pitched last night, and hasn't been on fire lately. Let Buerhle finish it off.

If Buehrle makes it out of this inning, his pitch count is going to be high.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)

As usual, you show up when something goes wrong. :bang

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
just a voice of reason in your "fluffy cloud everything is always perfect world"

well we are the best team in baseball, that's about as close as you can get to that world.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
If Buehrle makes it out of this inning, his pitch count is going to be high.

He's at about 100 now, I'd say 115 would probably be around his limit.

I don't have a problem with Buehrle staying in the game to hit. I have a problem with Ozzie making him bunt, especially on a 2 strike count. Let him swing away. He made contact in two AB's. He even hit a deep fly. Instead he was showing bunt on a 2 strike count. That is moronic for a guy who never bunts.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
I don't have a problem with Buehrle staying in the game to hit.  I have a problem with Ozzie making him bunt, especially on a 2 strike count.  Let him swing away.  He made contact in two AB's.  He even hit a deep fly.

Yeah don't have a go at Ozzie for letting Buerhle stay in, but the decision to let him bunt on 2 strikes was not a good one.