Bad loss

sox-r-us

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Agreed.  You dance with the date you brought to the dance.  Until Hermanson blew the game, there was no chance Ozzie was going to not go to him in a save situation.

I've had the feeling for a little over a week that we're going to need a new closer. I really hope we can get Guardado or Wagner or some proven closer soon. Hermanson can set up, but he's looking weak right now.

And to everyone else who thinks I'm making a knee-jerk reaction, I apologize ahead of time. This is just how I feel.

Now this offense...well, it's a different story all together. Just a terrible loss that eats away at you.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bogie @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
They wouldn't have to put Hermanson in if they would have scored a dam run in the 8th. YOU HAVE TO PITCH HIT FOR BUEHRLE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE 2 GOOD OPTIONS. TERRIBLE MANAGED GAME.

So your saying that Hermanson wouldn't have pitched in a 2 or 3 run save situation if they scored the runs? Get real, if Ozzie is willing to pitch him a one run game he would have definately pitched him in the ninth regardless of the lead. You can blame what turned out to be a bad outing by Hermanson on Ozzie all you want, but it simply isn't Ozzie's fault that his guy didn't get the job done.

I personally do not blame Ozzie for putting Hermy in. I do blame him though for the non-pinch hitting with Buerhle. And to soem extent I blame Buerhle too for taking that 3rd strike. He should have swung...even if it was a grounder for a DP, we would have scored a run. I cannot believe how many times we get a runner on 3rd no outs and do not score. Any one have the details of that stat and where we stand with respect to the rest of the league

This offense is the reason the game was lost. We cant have our pitchers basically having to throw shut outs to win.

Tonight was worse than corpseball. No adjustments at the plate. No shortening the swings up to make contact. No trying to dump the ball the other way.

What we had was a lot of guys with long swings, looking to drive the ball, with 2 strikes on them.

Our offense is bad. Too many easy outs in the lineup. Too many guys who have long looping swings. Too many guys who are pull only.

Everyone got all excited that we scored a few against the rockies and their terrible pitchers. But remember, we got shut down by Byung Hung Kim.

It was almost like they were playing drunk.

Mark didnt deserve this game tonight. But hey when you are running into the 9th away from home nursing a 1-0 lead you are f***ed.

WE NEED TO SCORE MORE RUNS. THIS OFFENSE IS BEYOND BAD. THIS 2-1, 3-2 s*** IS GOING TO GET US KILLED.

BTW A BIG BOOO TO KW FOR NOT HAVING A BACKUP 1ST BASEMAN. WE CANT PINCH RUN FOR THE SLOWEST MAN ON EARTH THAT CONSTANTLY GETS THROWN OUT BECAUSE HE SLOWS DOWN AS HE GETS CLOSER TO THE PLATE.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I would not b**** if we had a comfrtable lead in the division. The Twinkies will just not go away, so we have to make smart decisions to win.

I just hate the hypocrisy of Ozzie. The focker talks about how he has sleepless nights trying to give at bats to Frank and Everett and then he lets Burhle focking bat (so that he can pitch to one or two more batters next inning) in a one run game.

I can almost guarantee Frank would have at least hit it deep enough to sac fly a run in right there.

.....or drawn a walk or something. That was incredibly stupid of Oz.

QUOTE(JohnStamos @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:49 AM)
So your saying that Hermanson wouldn't have pitched in a 2 or 3 run save situation if they scored the runs?  Get real, if Ozzie is willing to pitch him a one run game he would have definately pitched him in the ninth regardless of the lead. You can blame what turned out to be a bad outing by Hermanson on Ozzie all you want, but it simply isn't Ozzie's fault that his guy didn't get the job done.

I agree that Hermanson didn't get the job done BUT Ozzie's bonehead move letting Buehrle bat is terrible. You have a chance at a big inning. Also, the fact that they didn't score changes the complexion of the game and adds pressure. Buehrle strikes out=added pressure on Pods; Pods strikes out adds pressure on Iguci. What the heck is Frank and Carl sitting there for?

I'm sick to my stomach.

QUOTE(bogie @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:56 AM)
I agree that Hermanson didn't get the job done BUT Ozzie's bonehead move letting Buehrle bat is terrible. You have a chance at a big inning. Also, the fact that they didn't score changes the complexion of the game and adds pressure. Buehrle strikes out=added pressure on Pods; Pods strikes out adds pressure on Iguci. What the heck is Frank and Carl sitting there for?

I'm sick to my stomach.

Don't you know, we do not need Frank Thomas to win. Just ask Ozzie......or ask aboz :rolly

QUOTE(bogie @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:56 AM)

Here's the thing.....Ozzie's been trying to play smallball far too often for my taste this season, but it's hard to argue with our results, especially in 1-run games. However, it seems like so many teams that play for one run end up losing by one run.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
I actually do not blame Ozzie for not pinch running for Paulie. Remember Paulie was on 1st base at that time and you cannot pinch run hoiping for a double or triple with 2 outs already.

well he did reach first with only one out... I wouldn't really blame Ozzie either, but it's time to stop lying about the Ross Gload situation.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:59 AM)
I actually do not blame Ozzie for not pinch running for Paulie. Remember Paulie was on 1st base at that time and you cannot pinch run hoiping for a double or triple with 2 outs already.

Agreed, when you don't have a suitable replacement, and you have a one run lead at the time, you need to keep you best defensive player in the game (at his position). The thing that puzzles me is that if Ozzie felts Buehrle was irreplacable in the top of the 8th, why did he feel the need to pull him in the bottom of the 8th? Did Ozzie not trust his bullpen enough to get 6 outs in the game?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Agreed, when you don't have a suitable replacement, and you have a one run lead at the time, you need to keep you best defensive player in the game (at his position).  The thing that puzzles me is that if Ozzie felts Buehrle was irreplacable in the top of the 8th, why did he feel the need to pull him in the bottom of the 8th?  Did Ozzie not trust his bullpen enough to get 6 outs in the game?

When I saw MB bat I was sure he was going to go all the way and for some reason Oz wants to play the matchup game with 2 down in the bottom of that inning. There's no reason why MB should have been pulled when he was.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
BTW A BIG BOOO TO KW FOR NOT HAVING A BACKUP 1ST BASEMAN.  WE CANT PINCH RUN FOR THE SLOWEST MAN ON EARTH THAT CONSTANTLY GETS THROWN OUT BECAUSE HE SLOWS DOWN AS HE GETS CLOSER TO THE PLATE.

If Paulie got into a race with a pregnant woman he'd finish 3rd.

:D