Bad loss

sox-r-us

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
A few days ago, I made a comment that it seems like far too often, we have to win, and overcome the decisions of our manager.  This was one of those games where we could have produced another run or two, it likely would have been all over.

I totally agree with you. First and third nobody out and we get 3 straight K's that is unacceptable.

BTW does anybody know where the Sox rank as far as team K's its gotta be up there.

Oh well, let's move on

Freddie has pitched very well this year, and he is typicaly very good on the road and in day games

NO reason why we should not win tomorrow against this bad hitting team in a pitchers park

Let's take 2/3 and come back home

Hopefully Twinkies lose tomorrow though I will not hold my breath for that to happen

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
Oh well, let's move on

Freddie has pitched very well this year, and he is typicaly very good on the road and in day games

NO reason why we should not win tomorrow against this bad hitting team in a pitchers park

Hopefully Twinkies lose tomorrow though I will not hold my breath for that to happen

First, Twins are facing an inexperienced pitcher in Houlton. I bet they kick his ass. The Twins are hitting lights out right now, and have just a great middle of the order. Also, I expect to see an interesting lineup tomorrow. I have a feeling we'll see Timo in CF, and Everett in RF. Lawrence is easier for lefties to hit than righties, so I'm sure Ozzie will use that to play his typically 3rd game of the series lineup.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Oh well, let's move on

It defenitely aint the pitching that worrys me about this team. Everyone got excited when they hit the ball around in Colorado but that is defenitely the exception not the rule.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
Oh well, let's move on

Once again I agree with Peavy and Eaton not pitching this weekend there is no reason they should not win 2 of 3.

right after konerko got on first base i was thinking we should get a pinch runner, dont see why we couldnt put timo there and have frank play at first, that killed us, the call was right if you look at it, you cant complain we still pitched good and at least now we know ozzie shouldnt have to put his scrubs into the lineup because this is a must win game

right after konerko got on first base i was thinking we should get a pinch runner, dont see why we couldnt put timo there and have frank play at first, that killed us, the call was right if you look at it, you cant complain we still pitched good and at least now we know ozzie shouldnt have to put his scrubs into the lineup because this is a must win game

Ozzie can only start Timo at 1st base. He doesn't trust him enough to use him there for just 1 inning. :headshake My dead grandmother could have rolled out of her grave and over home plate faster than Paulsy did.

Edited by Jabroni

Tonight was an awful case of a team swinging at balls, and taking strikes. I know that Pods has become a hero to many Sox fans, but I'm a little disappointed in his hitting lately. He's not drawing walks like he was earlier in the season, and his lack of extra base hits has been pretty astonishing. He's also not been nearly as aggressive on the bases lately. However, Pods and Iguchi are definitely are toughest outs right now.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Ozzie can only start Timo at 1st base.  He doesn't trust him enough to use him there for just 1 inning. :headshake

has everett ever played first? :huh , dont see why he couldnt give it a shot

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
right after konerko got on first base i was thinking we should get a pinch runner, dont see why we couldnt put timo there and have frank play at first,

This is funny. There are 6 guys on the bench.

In decending order of speed.

Willie

Ozuna

Everett

Widger

Timo

Frank

In decending order of defensive ability at first base

Ozuna

Widger

Frank

Everett

Willie

Timo

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
has everett ever played first?  :huh , dont see why he couldnt give it a shot

Look, I dislike Ozzie and his decisions more than just about anyone on here....but if he put Everett at first in the 9th, I would have gone nuts. When you have a one run lead, your main concern should be about having your best defense on the field for the 9th inning. Hermanson failed, plain and simple. The fact we don't have a back-up 1b is simply pathetic though.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
has everett ever played first?  :huh , dont see why he couldnt give it a shot

I just don't see him playing first base, What the hell why don't we give Greg Norton a call up We have not won a division title since we got rid of him. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
I still think a great acquisition we could have made for a back-up 1B/power hitter off the bench would have been for Eli Marrero.  Of course, that would mean that Ozzie/KW would have had to give up Timo probably.

Marrero just got traded.

To Baltimore, I believe.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
I just don't see him playing first base,  What the hell why don't we give Greg Norton a call up    We have not won a division title since we got rid of him. :D

this just shows that we need a player who can come off the bench and play almost every position, robert fick does a nice job along with lenny harris, thats probably the one thing we lack, someone clutch off the bench besides whoever sits out a game between dye everett and thomas

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)
this just shows that we need a player who can come off the bench and play almost every position, robert fick does a nice job along with lenny harris, thats probably the one thing we lack, someone clutch off the bench besides whoever sits out a game between dye everett and thomas

I've been thinking about the lack of versatility off of our bench. We have a lot of guys who can play multiple positions (Ozuna at 3b, Harris at SS/CF, Timo at 1b, Everett in the OF), but none of the guys are close to being average fielders at their second positions.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)

We have Timo!

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
  We have Timo!

All I know is that it's absolutely inexcusable to not have a back-up 1b. I'm beginning to think there's no reason to have Willie on the roster if Ozzie is going to be timid to pr. Obviously, Timo is the person who clogs our roster right now. However, that argument has been made far too often for me to bring it up again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
I've been thinking about the lack of versatility off of our bench.  We have a lot of guys who can play multiple positions (Ozuna at 3b, Harris at SS/CF, Timo at 1b, Everett in the OF), but none of the guys are close to being average fielders at their second positions.

i almost would like to see us get desi relaford, because he can play the whole infield, or mike lamb, hes capable of first third and the corner outfield positions

Edit: not that willie and ozuna do bad jobs or anything, relaford is just a better hitter

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:30 AM)
i almost would like to see us get desi relaford, because he can play the whole infield, or mike lamb, hes capable of first third and the corner outfield positions

Mike Lamb would be a great fit on this team. He can play 1b or 3b, and is a pretty solid bat off the bench.

All I know is that it's absolutely inexcusable to not have a back-up 1b.  I'm beginning to think there's no reason to have Willie on the roster if Ozzie is going to be timid to pr.  Obviously, Timo is the person who clogs our roster right now.  However, that argument has been made far too often for me to bring it up again.

It's obvious that they are just trying to cruise by until Gload gets healthy. But it's pathetic that they are risking not having a backup 1st baseman just so they can keep Timo on the roster.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:30 AM)

Edit: not that willie and ozuna do bad jobs or anything, relaford is just a better hitter

Relaford is more versatile than Willie or Ozuna. By that, I mean he is pretty close to an average infielder wherever you put him on the field. I don't think Ozuna is a very good 3rd baseman, and Willie isn't cut out to play SS.