Bad loss

sox-r-us

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:30 AM)
i almost would like to see us get desi relaford, because he can play the whole infield, or mike lamb, hes capable of first third and the corner outfield positions

Edit: not that willie and ozuna do bad jobs or anything, relaford is just a better hitter

They need a guy that is a home run threat off the bench from the right side.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:31 AM)
It's obvious that they are just trying to cruise by until Gload gets healthy.  But it's pathetic that they are risking not having a backup 1st baseman just so they can keep Timo on the roster.

No kidding, it's so obvious what's going on. We've been saying this for a while now, but Ozzie's affection for Timo is really hurting the flexibiliy of our bench and roster. It's a shame to see stuff like this happen. Reminds me of Jerry Manuel and Royce Clayton.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:32 AM)

That's why I said Eli Marrero would have been a great addition. However, the Orioles traded for him this week. I'm pretty sure that KW will now think that Everett is our righty power hitter off the bench.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
Yeah if only there was a HOFer on the bench with 438 dingers tonight, we might have won.

True, but we're talking about for the remainder of the season. We're planning on Frank being in the lineup on a pretty regular basis hopefully. I'm still not sure why we called him up when we did. He would have been better off being in the minors for this NL travel week.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)

We have enough jackasses taking home run swings already.

How about a guy who can hit, put the ball in play, and has a level swing. I would rather have a line drive hitter now than any amount of home run hitters we could get.

WHEN WILL URIBE, KONERKO, AND CRUDDY LEARN TO MAKE CONSTANT CONTACT. THIS PULL BASEBALL s*** IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

8.5 MILLION FOR A 1 TOOL PLAYER. PUT ROSS GLOAD IN TONIGHTS GAME. AND I THINK HE MAKES CONTACT. THE OBGLIGATORY SINGLE UP THE MIDDLE IN THE LATE INNINGS AFTER CHOKING A FEW TIMES EARLIER IS VERY TIMOESQUE.

URIBE, SOMEONE NAIL HIS FRONT FOOT DOWN AND TELL HIM KNEELING WHEN YOU HIT DOESNT HELP

CRUDDY, TRADE HIM NOW, I DONT CARE HOW MANY HOME RUNS HE HITS, AND HOW GREAT HIS DEFENSE IS. HE CANNOT HIT, 1400ABS IN THE MAJORS. THE EXPERIMENT IS OVER. GET A 3RD BASEMAN THAT MAKES CONTACT AND DOESNT GET FOOLED BY CURVES LIKE 12 YEAR OLD.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
We have enough jackasses taking home run swings already. 

How about a guy who can hit, put the ball in play, and has a level swing.  I would rather have a line drive hitter now than any amount of home run hitters we could get. 

WHEN WILL URIBE, KONERKO, AND CRUDDY LEARN TO MAKE CONSTANT CONTACT.  THIS PULL BASEBALL s*** IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.   

8.5 MILLION FOR A 1 TOOL PLAYER.  PUT ROSS GLOAD IN TONIGHTS GAME.  AND I THINK HE MAKES CONTACT.  THE OBGLIGATORY SINGLE UP THE MIDDLE IN THE LATE INNINGS AFTER CHOKING A FEW TIMES EARLIER IS VERY TIMOESQUE.

URIBE,  SOMEONE NAIL HIS FRONT FOOT DOWN AND TELL HIM KNEELING WHEN YOU HIT DOESNT HELP

CRUDDY, TRADE HIM NOW, I DONT CARE HOW MANY HOME RUNS HE HITS, AND HOW GREAT HIS DEFENSE IS.  HE CANNOT HIT, 1400ABS IN THE MAJORS.  THE EXPERIMENT IS OVER.  GET A 3RD BASEMAN THAT MAKES CONTACT AND DOESNT GET FOOLED BY CURVES LIKE 12 YEAR OLD.

This episode of CapsLock Theater was sponsored by Carpal Tunnel and your neighborhood orthapaedic surgeon.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I would not b**** if we had a comfrtable lead in the division. The Twinkies will just not go away, so we have to make smart decisions to win.

I just hate the hypocrisy of Ozzie. The focker talks about how he has sleepless nights trying to give at bats to Frank and Everett and then he lets Burhle focking bat (so that he can pitch to one or two more batters next inning) in a one run game.

I can almost guarantee Frank would have at least hit it deep enough to sac fly a run in right there.

Or he would have struck out or grounded into a double play. You can't make that guarantee.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
Or he would have struck out or grounded into a double play. You can't make that guarantee.

BS. I can guarantee Frank would have at least made contact and that would have been enough to drive the run in. Even a DP there would have driven the run in.

Bad managing, period. Ozzie's man love for Timo and his hatred for Frank is not healthy for this team. I wish someone like JR would take Ozzie to task for this BS.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)

Runners at 1st and 3rd no outs in a 1-0 game.

Buehrle :whichway Big Frank

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
He should been pinch hit for but because he was tiring? Come on.

I think he means that MB was being hit hard, and that's why he should have been pulled. Buehrle gave up some hard hit balls in the 7th inning, and you could tell that he wasn't as sharp as he was earlier in the game. However, since we got out of the 8th inning, Ozzie managed the pitching in that inning correctly. It's just that another run or two would have been huge in the type of game this was. When playing at a big ballpark, a two run lead can seem like a three or four run lead at some smaller parks.

I usually stick up for Ozzie, but I questioned two decisions at the time they were made. Letting Buerhle hit and pulling Pollitte for Hermy. Yet, I can understand why he made those decisions and also the decision to pull Buehrle when he did. Letting MB hit in that situation, I believe Ozzie was trying to get him the CG shutout. With Pods and Iguchi up next, you'd have to like your odds for getting that run home. I couldn't believe Pods took the 0-2 fastball right down the middle with a runner on third and one out. WTF was he thinking? Or. more accurately, why the f*** wasn't he thinking.

Pulling Politte for Hermy is just the "give it to your closer" mentality, which I disagree with. Ozzie may be trying to establish something long term with Hermy as closer, but he has been shaky lately and Cliff has been lights out. I didn't like that move when it happened.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
BS. I can guarantee Frank would have at least made contact and that would have been enough to drive the run in. Even a DP there would have driven the run in.

Bad managing, period. Ozzie's man love for Timo and his hatred for Frank is not healthy for this team. I wish someone like JR would take Ozzie to task for this BS.

How can you make that guarantee? I like Big Frank just as much as the next guy, but he has struck out and grounded into double plays before. Hindsight is 20/20, but don't make stupid guarantees. Probably is the word to use here.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:01 AM)
Pulling Politte for Hermy is just the "give it to your closer" mentality, which I disagree with.  Ozzie may be trying to establish something long term with Hermy as closer, but he has been shaky lately and Cliff has been lights out.  I didn't like that move when it happened.

I understand what you are saying here, but Ozzie got killed by everyone when he didnt bring in his closer and the Sox lost. Now when he is losing with Hermanson he shouldnt bring his closer in. Cliff has been lights out, but Hermanson has become the closer, so Ozzie is putting his closer in at a time when the game is close. Its what you are supposed to do (Jeff Brantley, anyone?).

Im kind of hoping Ozzie goes back to the closer with the hot-hand mentality, Politte looks like he has some nasty stuff right now.