6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If a save situation comes today, I'd like to have Politte throw out there for a save. There's no rule saying you can't give your closer a day off. Politte's been lights out along with Cotts lately and I feel a day off for Hermy is good for him and good for the team.

Lets have a CHW WINNER!!!! :gosox1:

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
If a save situation comes today,  I'd like to have Politte throw out there for a save.  There's no rule saying you can't give your closer a day off.  Politte's been lights out along with Cotts lately and I feel a day off for Hermy is good for him and good for the team.

Lets have a CHW WINNER!!!! :gosox1:

I agree. "Mr T-Ball" needs a day off...

Maybe Ozzie will realize that he has pinch hitters and pinch runners on his bench today so that we will have a chance to win.

:gosox1:  :drink

Yea lets take out Konerko, so we have to have Timo at first base... Thats a good move. Just face it Hermanson blew it last night, and he has been getting rocked the last few outings.

Buehrle had one hell of a game though :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
If we can end up going 5-1 on this road trip, I will be more than happy.

^^^

I'll be keeping a watchful eye on Freddy Garcia. He's been lights-out his last couple outings and if this is something he can mantain--watch out.

Go get em'. :gosox4: :gosox1: :gosox4:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
If we can end up going 5-1 on this road trip, I will be more than happy.

And surprisingly for me, if we end up going 4-2 on this road trip, I will be dissapointed.

2 out of 3 against a first place club would be very nice. I have a feeling Carl will be spelling Dye today.

Let's hope Freddy can repeat his Colorado performance. Then the Sox can head home and tee-off on Cub castoff Shawn Estes tomorrow.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by robinventura23

This is the type of place I expect Freddy to absolutely dominate in, hopefully he will and the offense will score enough runs to take 2 of 3 from The Pads.

EDIT: Guess I should change my avatar, huh?

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
This is the type of place I expect Freddy absolutely dominate in, hopefully he will and the offense will score enough runs to take 2 of 3 from The Pads.

That is exactly what scares the hell out of me. He should dominate, therefore I have a terrible feeling that he'll get rocked.

I do hope one of our pitchers throws a few brush-off pitches at Nevin, or even hit him. He's been doing too much b****ing the last few days and talking too much garbage to the media about us. Besides, his b****ing yesterday got the strikezone smaller for Buehrle. I never had anything against Phil Nevin, but now I really don't care for him at all.

My lineup prediction last night was shockingly close, and I was being a little sarcastic last night:

- CF Pods

- 2B Harris

- RF Everett

- 1B PK

- AJP

- LF Timo

Uribe

Crede

Garcia

Nothing like benching 3 starters in a game....again!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
My lineup prediction last night was shockingly close, and I was being a little sarcastic last night:

- CF  Pods

- 2B  Harris

- RF  Everett

- 1B  PK

- AJP

- LF Timo

Uribe

Crede

Garcia

Nothing like benching 3 starters in a game....again!

Well Ozzie has to get his girlfriend in the game.

This offense will get shut out today. No gooch, no arow and no dye.

Nice focking lineup Ozzie, we we cant win every series with Sunday Manuel lineups.

Honestly, how many other teams do you see bench 3 regular starters nearly every 3rd game of the series? Aren't you giving the other team just a huge advantage? Also, our defense in the outfield tonight might be the worst in the history of the Sox.

Line ups

CHI WHITE SOX

Scott Podsednik CF

Willie Harris 2B

Carl Everett RF

Paul Konerko 1B

A.J. Pierzynski C

Joe Crede 3B

Timo Perez LF

Juan Uribe SS

Freddy Garcia P

SAN DIEGO

Damian Jackson 2B

Robert Fick RF

Ryan Klesko LF

Brian Giles CF

Phil Nevin 1B

Ramon Hernandez C

Sean Burroughs 3B

Khalil Greene SS

Brian Lawrence P

Umpires: HP: Dana DeMuth. 1B: Marty Foster. 2B: Jim Joyce. 3B: Laz Diaz.

Weather: 66 degrees, cloudy.

Wind: 11 mph, Out to RF.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
Well Ozzie has to get his girlfriend in the game. 

This offense will get shut out today.  No gooch, no arow and no dye. 

Nice focking lineup Ozzie,  we we cant win every series with Sunday Manuel lineups.

Well, I was going to reply that Oz is obviously playing the matchup against Lawrence...but then I looked at his splits. BAA righties in '05 .299, lefties .261....on his career BAA righties .250 lefties .295. Fairly even IMO, no reason not to put your best lineup out on the field. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. My biggest concern is the outfield defense in that bigass park. gulp.