6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Honestly, how many other teams do you see bench 3 regular starters nearly every 3rd game of the series?  Aren't you giving the other team just a huge advantage?  Also, our defense in the outfield tonight might be the worst in the history of the Sox.

And he puts the only hitters who at least have been consistant over the last few weeks.

Bench Cruddy, bench uribe. i can see those moves. But why bench productive hitters. But then again why would you ph Timo over Frank and Everett.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
And he puts the only hitters who at least have been consistant over the last few weeks. 

Bench Cruddy, bench uribe.  i can see those moves.  But why bench productive hitters.  But then again why would you ph Timo over Frank and Everett.

Crede has been hitting .385 (5-13) over the last week with a .500 OBP.

There's a big difference in a manager wanting to get a bench player into the game to stay fresh, and basically benching 1/3 of your regulars nearly every 3rd game. There's not another manager that comes close to this constant 3rd game tinkering like Ozzie does. Like someone just mentioned, I'm going to be livid if our lack of defense in the outfield costs us this game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
There's a big difference in a manager wanting to get a bench player into the game to stay fresh, and basically benching 1/3 of your regulars nearly every 3rd game.  There's not another manager that comes close to this constant 3rd game tinkering like Ozzie does.  Like someone just mentioned, I'm going to be livid if our lack of defense in the outfield costs us this game.

If its in the gaps its a triple. Timo and Everett have no range. I can understand giving Dye a day off. But not Dye and Arow at the same time.

You replace a single hitter in your lineup and rotate days off. You dont rotate 3 or more of your starters off. Especially after you lost last night.

It ought to be interesting to see how Freddy responds after working 8 innings in Denver in his last start. Supposedly recovery is the hardest part about pitching about there.

That being said, now I will leave the game thread for the negative's.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Well Ozzie has to get his girlfriend in the game. 

This offense will get shut out today.  No gooch, no arow and no dye. 

Nice focking lineup Ozzie,  we we cant win every series with Sunday Manuel lineups.

Well, three straight guys hitting it into the OF, but Everett hits a bomb to LF.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Lets hope this isnt like yesterday where we score 1 run in the 1st and thats it.

Yesterday - they should have had a big inning in the first...man on second - one run in..no outs and could not get a couple more runs..

Yeah-Hermanson blew the save, but the White Sox should have had 4 or 5 runs, not one going into the ninth inning...the lack of clutch hitting blew that game, but we are always like that against pitchers from Triple A...