6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I wonder if Franks ankle isn't well enough yet to play defense...if Ozzie is going to give people work, I am kind of surprised Frank isn't playing first and sitting Paulie...

Because frank would porbaly get reinjured

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
I wonder if Franks ankle isn't well enough yet to play defense...if Ozzie is going to give people work, I am kind of surprised Frank isn't playing first and sitting Paulie...

Frank won't play an inning in the field this entire season. He said in the paper he doesn't want to risk reinjuring himself.

youre kidding right... frank would die.

his ankle swelled a bit in colorado and if you couple that w/ playing first.... hell no

Hits don't bother me (well - they do)..but balls and walks by the pitcher I can't stand..

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)

Frank was quoted in the paper yesterday that he would not play 1B. He does not want to take a chance with that ankle. If he fractures it again, he said, he would be done for his career and he wants to play 4 more years at least.

Here is the link to the article if you are interested

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Thomas was emphatic he would serve only as a designated hitter because of his 10½-month recovery from a severe left ankle injury.

"I'm not going to play first until next year," Thomas said. "I'm not going to risk the injury. I'm not going to risk reinjuring my ankle. It's important because if I reinjure it, I'm done.

"I want to last another four years and it's going to take a whole year to heal this thing. It's not really a choice because I can go there now and push the wrong way and refracture it. That's how I fractured it last year."

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)

No way do I want to see Frank playing the field. When he was healthy he stunk out there and I shudder to think what could happen with a shaky ankle.